The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-07-2021, 07:59 PM   #1
Perpendicular

Sick to my stomach - Stock Interiors

I guess I got had. Or maybe I am just a dumba.....

I am just sick to my stomach. Maybe y'all can tell me your experiences?

I, 4 months ago, ordered what I thought was a Stock Interior set for my K5. I ordered samples a few weeks before that and chose what matched my truck correctly. Very excited I looked and get what I _thought_ was correct. The samples I ordered was two different grains, not two different colors. The truck deserves a factory look so I decided to pay up and get what I believed was right. I had not even ordered a sample set before so I was pretty careful with this order, especially at this price.

Today the set came in and is two-tone. Dark red and red.

Dark red and red.

I called and they said 'Yessir, you ordered thoise colors and we only offer tutone sets'. I thanked them and said not your problem.

Has anyone else done their seats with Stock Interiors upholstery? Has anyone found a place that will do standard one tone?

I am now at a loss what I should be doing. I may just try to find someone else to make a set for me and cut my losses. I am going for factory look, not this I don't think.

Bleh. I need more beer.
Perpendicular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:49 PM   #2
ky-donzi

Re: Sick to my stomach - Stock Interiors

Check out distinctive industries, I wanted two tone and had a heck of a time getting it that way. Opposite as you

73 k5 gm crate 350-265 / sm465 / np205 3.73 posi
ky-donzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 01:52 AM   #3
LT7A

Re: Sick to my stomach - Stock Interiors

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. Can you post a picture? When you ordered, did you order two different reds or the same red? They shouldn't make it two different reds if you didn't ask for it. If they only make two-tone, they should have told you that if you specified the same color red for both grains. But maybe I'm not fully understanding the situation. I hope you can get it resolved without spending the money twice. Maybe just order the correct dye and dye the whole seat all one color?
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote