The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Invert'd

Re: Project My First Chevy: 1970 C-10 Longbed

Thanks! Right now I just want to get her running and reliable again. She will be worked like a truck was meant to work. Front disc brakes are a good near-future possibility, since a friend has offered me a complete front cross-member w/ discs.

I need traction. I don't yet know if she has a LSD. If she does, I expect to put in a clutch pack. Otherwise I would probably install an Aussie Locker (have two in my Jeep and they're great). Being a wheeler, the first thing that occurred to me was a 4WD conversion, but again, I have enough projects. I don't want to ruin the gas mileage either.

Cleaning all the years of gunk off the chassis and such will be an ongoing process for awhile I'm sure, as will dealing with the surface rust.

I may shoot some paint in the next couple of months. I'll be looking for a good low-budget paint (not rattle-can). I'll have to figure out the color. White is a very practical color out here, and would require the least work, but I'd kinda like a two-tone scheme. Since there's no body molding, I was thinking of maybe just keeping the cab white. I'll be browsing this forum for ideas.
Invert'd is offline   Reply With Quote