The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
Solego
Dr. Frankentruck's Monster

Exclamation Jim Carter Trucks - Unethical Business Practices( issue resolved edited by mod)

Below is the letter I sent them in response to their unethical business practices. It is self-explanatory.

To whom it may concern:

I have recently purchased a 1969 GMC 2500 with the intention of completing a frame-off restoration. I have purchased several small parts from different companies such as yours who cater to my needs. From you, I purchased a pair of wiper blades (WW139). I was quite surprised at the low price you offered, $7.55(x2 = $15.10) as compared to that of LMC Trucks, who offfered the same part for $10.95. I was also impressed with your honest shipping practices.

I recieved my order and found the wiper blades to be of good quality construction, and was also surprised at the very low shipping rate of $2.67. All in all, I believed I found the company of which I was to buy all of the parts for my entire truck. Yet, here we begin the downward spiral.

I looked at the shipping invoice and discovered that $25.84 was charged to my Master Card, as opposed to $15.10. I went to my files and pulled the order sheet that I printed off the internet and verified that I did in fact agree to the price of $15.10.

I called your company and spoke to someone, of whom I cannot remember, and told them of this dilemma. They then told me of the policy that "prices are subject to change without notice." To that I responded, "Even after I purchase them?" She stated that because the vendors raise their prices, you have no choice but to raise yours, even after I agree to purchase the items at the previous price.

I am no fool and understand that the our free market will determine the price of goods. But to increase the amount charged to someone's credit card to almost double the agreed upon price after they have purchased the item is tantamount to theft. And no fine print policy would stand up in court if it is of detriment to the public good. Fortunately for you, this is a matter of ethics and principles.

If you wish to right your wrong, then I will be open to forgiveness. If you wish to change your business practices, then I may even be open to continue doing business with you.

But as for now, do not expect my business. What you can expect is that I will be posting this on a website for truck owners, specifically, http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/. With 32,827 registered members, you can expect to be well known among classic truck enthusiasts. How you respond will determine the reputation among our members.

Attachments: Completed Internet Order
Invoice Included with Order

Michael T Moore
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Newberry, FL 32669
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Attached Images

Project SLOMO
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430494