The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
Eturnit3
Bloodied Knuckles

Exclamation buyer beware 4wheelersupply.com

I ordered a Superlift lift kit from this company 3-27-09. Was told that it would ship within 2 weeks as superlift was awaiting the lift springs. No big deal, I thought... As 2 weeks came and passed, I hadnt heard anything from 4wheelersupply.com. When (after 3 weeks I called the sales rep I spoke with told me he would get back to me once he contacted Superlift. No call back..
Called again on 4-13-09, and was told that it would be a MINIMUM of 3 weeks before they were ready to ship. At this point, I should have canceled the order, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited another month before calling again. When I did finally call on 5-12-09, I again was told i would receive a call with an update. well the call didnt come, which i was sort of getting used to at this point. When I called back on the 13th, I was told it would be shipping within 2 weeks. I was so excited to hear that after a month and a half I would finally get my lift kit, I could have done back flips. @ weeks came and went, I called again on the 28th to make sure everything had shipped since they had been so terrible at getting back to me.
Same old song n dance, "Someone will contact you by the end of the day"
I was pretty shocked when they actually did. Unfortunately, it was to tell me that it wouldnt ship until June 20th 2009... I said, "alright man, Ive been waiting more than 2 months, Im going to have to cancel my order."
Jeff Mayfield was the sales rep, and maybe even the sales manager.. He said he thought I might say that with a slight chuckle... I didnt think anything of it. I asked about how long it would take to be refunded, he replied that it would only take 1-2 days for them to issue the refund and that sometimes it takes as long as 2 weeks for the credit card company to process it. I shook the wait off, no biggy. My card was issue through my bank, so I spoke with them to see about how long they wouyld take to process said transaction. They are a small bank and they dont mind taking the extra time to help the little guy out. They looked into it, said it would take approx 2 days once issued from 4wheelersupply.com. I asked if they would show the refund before it was available to me, and was a little shocked to hear that they would be able to see as soon as it comes from them, and that they would personally call me when it did. They called last week stating that they still hadnt received anything. They asked a little bit about the situation, I explained, was advised that it shouldn't take this long and that I should consider legal action. I wrote a message to 4wheelersupply.com regarding my refund last night. Here is a copy of my message:
I called yesterday regarding my refund for the fore-mentioned order which was canceled.. was told I would hear from someone yesterday, when I didnt, I called back and was told I would hear from someone today and didnt... I feel Ive spent enough time waiting for your company. To say Ive been less than impressed with my order experience would be an understatement. Your sales rep I spoke with yesterday mentioned something about waiting for a refund from Superlift themselves, which has absolutely nothing to do with me, I order the product through you, not Superlift... We are going on 2 1/2 months here. Perhaps one call to my place of employment will help speed things up- ____________ ask for _______

recieved a prompt response from Jeff Mayfield who was apologetic. But none the wiser as to why my refund hadn't been granted. Here is his response:

I will continue to contact our accounting department regarding your refund. I do not have the ability to refund your funds myself, or it would already be done. I am truly sorry for the delay.
Thank you,
Jeff Mayfield
jeff@4ws.com
1-800-954-0065
http://www.4ws.com

Pretty sweet right... Sounds pretty sincere, except I have been hearing that everyday this week.Here are the notes directly from 4wheelerssupply.com on my account page, under orders.
ORDER STATUS:

03/27/2009 -
Pending
Phone order taken by: Robert Archer

03/27/2009 -
Pending
Vehicle Info: 72 GMC 1/2 ton

04/13/2009 -
Processed
Updated Kevin that it would be at minimum 3 weeks before it was ready to ship. AL

05/13/2009 -
Processed
Jennifer assured us it would ship within 2 weeks. JM

05/28/2009 -
Processed
Superlift will not have the springs until June 20

05/28/2009 -
Processed
Springs expected June 20th. JM

05/28/2009 -
Cancelled
Customer canceled due to length of wait. JM
Sent cancel email to Superlift. JM

Just thought everyone should know what they are potentially up against when dealing with this company.
Eturnit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: buyer beware 4wheelersupply.com

That is total b.s! Why would they pay Superlift before the product is recieved.They should be on an account and money wouldn`t be due for 30 (or whatever) after recieving.That`s their problem if they paid in advance.At some point a business has to use their own money to run their business.They aren`t a bank.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Eturnit3
Bloodied Knuckles

I will say that when my wife called on Friday and demanded payment by Monday or we would start the legal process (she works for the superior court).... My money was in my account Saturday...
Eturnit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

lit a fire under their arse,huh?It sure shouldn`t take that.
I tell you,we all need to be wary when ordering in these hard times.It sure sounds to me like they are tight on money.Often(I`m in building),when a dealer is having trouble getting you stuff from their source it`s because they owe too much on their account and they just blame it on the source.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote