The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2023, 07:52 PM   #1
b-mac

Wichita Welding Supply closed

It's been a long time since I've had to buy welding gas. I used to pick it up at Wichita Welding Supply. Since I have my own bottle, they always just swapped me.
I called a couple times and no answer. Went by and a sign on door says there was a death in the family...J.Flick maybe?
I googled it, and they owed like $700k in back taxes. Also, it's apparently 40% owned by Lampton...

Anyway, where do you guys in & around Wichita buy your Argon?
I think I had initially avoided Lampton because they have some sort of membership plan, and I don't use enough for the price to be cost effective.
b-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 09:09 PM   #2
Hcb3200

Re: Wichita Welding Supply closed

I use airgas national chain for all my gas. Helium for the mrs and argon etc small bottles swap no problem. They have one in Wichita, KS
W33rd circle
Hcb3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 10:52 PM   #3
62c30

Matheson off west street. I only buy about 2 tanks per year and own my own. A couple of years ago I used airgas when I lived in NC, matheson was almost half price. I used to rent a helium cylinder and regulator for my daughter's birthday party and it was cheaper than the tanks from the party stores and had probably 10 times as much. Never even came close to using even half.
62c30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:57 AM   #4
joedoh

i second matheson. they are super friendly to my wife and daughter and buttle my 300cf bottles from and to their cars. their hours arent great not being open on the weekends, but I cant fault them at all for that. they let you trade up bottle sizes for a price, I went from filling my pair of 120s weekly to filling a pair of 240s and a single 300 every other. (that local steel table guy sells puchased bottles cheaper than leases in most cases)

the last time I got gas at WWS (been their customer 24 years) he just hot shotted my bottle with a larger bottle, gave me about 1200 lbs to keep working until he got more. I never went back after that, i needed a full bottle not 1200 lbs. I drove straight to matheson monday.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote