The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Nudder Music Thread: 67-72 Music

My love of 67-72s began, well, when I first saw the '67. But, it only grew from there. I've had at least one since '73. As the '80s rolled on nostalgia played into it making my reasons for loving them multi-faceted. I was becoming a teen in '67 and by '72 I was a well seasoned driver at 17 . I think the music I/we listened to in that time was the best era of musical creation. If I picked a "best" year it would be 1970. More great albums came out of this year, with many groups putting out more than one. It was the time at the foot of the beginn ing of record companies really catching on and commercializing what would come to be known as "rock". Back then it was just real musicians expressing themselves through exploring and creating... and the recording industry couldn't help nut notice. These musicians didn't know if they's make a lot of money or not. They just wanted to play and figured the recording expense would be covered and hopefully some more. Then came the industry basically creating groups and segments of rock.

Another reason I became so about 67-72 is Drag racing and NASCAR were at their pinnacle... from my standpoint. The money came along to change all that, too. although it took the '70s decade to get to where my head started turning away from it (for the most part).

Anyway, I'll start with a group many may not know of, or have forgotten. Not among my favorites, but they represent the era well... and not so hard to look at, either.

Fanny:

Edit: Nice way to start off. Go to YouTube and search "Fanny - Ain't That Peculiar - LIVE - 1972-11-25" . I would just post something else, but seeing this video is what gave me the idea for this thread. Please post songs you know from the late '60s to early '70s. Thank you

Let me pop in some Black Oak Arkansas to fill the void:
Better known group and song:

Scott. Er, rather Led Zeppelin:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-23-2019 at 07:14 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote