The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
zacthrasher

Holley EFI Self Tuner and wiring harness?

Anybody use this on your swap? I have a 6.0 LQ4 and am trying to decide what route to go. Should I go with a traditional custom harness and send my finished project to someone else to tune for $400 to $500 or or will this work just as well? I plan to change the cam and eventually upgrade to better heads and who knows what else therefore it would be nice to be able to have a system that would be easy to re-tune every time and not have to pay the re-tuning fee's at the local shops.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Holley EFI Self Tuner and wiring harness?

The auto tuning EFI kits can be great, if your goals match what they accell at.

IMO, when converting a non-efi engine to EFI, they are a godsend.
If you have an LS motor that was already setup for carb, but decide you wanna go efi, they are nice because they already take advantage of the square bore manifold you'll have.
But, if your starting with an existing working system, I don't see a reason to spend over $2k to put a different efi system on it.

For the cost difference, you could just do the cam NOW, and then worry less about retuning. FWIW, most shops don't charge you the FULL tune cost for "upgrades". You've already paid for the credits by then, so its usually just the tuners time.

Heck you can pickup a copy of HP tuners yourself and be able to have upgrades "for life"..and learn a bit about tuning in the process.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
dman1982

Re: Holley EFI Self Tuner and wiring harness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
The auto tuning EFI kits can be great, if your goals match what they accell at.

IMO, when converting a non-efi engine to EFI, they are a godsend.
If you have an LS motor that was already setup for carb, but decide you wanna go efi, they are nice because they already take advantage of the square bore manifold you'll have.
But, if your starting with an existing working system, I don't see a reason to spend over $2k to put a different efi system on it.

For the cost difference, you could just do the cam NOW, and then worry less about retuning. FWIW, most shops don't charge you the FULL tune cost for "upgrades". You've already paid for the credits by then, so its usually just the tuners time.

Heck you can pickup a copy of HP tuners yourself and be able to have upgrades "for life"..and learn a bit about tuning in the process.
agreed
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima
2009 Troy Built with a 42 Inch Deck

My LS Swap http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6559371
dman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote