The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #101
BIGBLU 72

Re: Road experiences with imports.

my last experiance with tuner went like this............ my girl and I were out cruising in my (Dads) 67 Nova. Pretty wicked little 334 (.040 327) ! well any ways we were on at a red light when a white hatch back thing pulled up beside us. The cocky SOB starts holler at my girl and revin up his POS lettin the blowoff valve hiss! well he gave me the "lets go" hand signal! the light turned green and i torn outta there shifting with the light (6600 RPM), had the car just about jumping out of its lane! well in fourth i let out at arounnd 7200 RPM! my buddy was behind me in his 78 Z28 and said that i had him by at least three! felt great to smoke him after hollerin at my girl like she was some kinda street walker!
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #102
Walts_restoration
Real Projects never die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Think I have the ultimate ricer-racer wanna-be story. Was hauling the truck home on an open trailer after the Truckin Nationals last year. At a stop light a (???) import with a big stupid aluminum wing and fart can exhaust was revving the crap out of this little 4banger wanting to race..... yeah,, race the tow vehicle pulling the truck on a trailer. I don't think I've laughed so hard this decade! Should have told him, "let me unhook the trailer and we'll go for it" . The little vortec TBI 383 in my 94 probably would have ate him alive.

Dads daily driver used to be a 55 chevy, 2 door 210 post. Black with white tops, super trix wheels. Either it or the white 55 with a black top he had the 64 corvette 327 engine in it that had been bored 30 over from his original drag car. Also had a floor shift 4 speed, im not sure what rears under the car.

one day him and a buddy roll up to a light, well the guy next to him had some nova or camaro and thought he was a big dog, reved his motor, etc. Dad just started a kamikaze scream and reved that ol' 327 to about 7k, that light goes green and dad gives it all shes got, One to two to three to four and just made this guys street car look like a grandma cruiser.

Well, the guy was really pissed afterwords because my dad had the trailer and full weight 68 camaro with an iron headed 454 and slicks on the back as he was going to the strip, so not only did the guy lose, but he lost to a car pulling a heavier car on the trailer

For pic whoring's sake.
the 55

the 68

My name tag says Ryan

KansasTwister On other forums
Walts_restoration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #103
treveiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBLU 72 View Post
my last experiance with tuner went like this............ my girl and I were out cruising in my (Dads) 67 Nova. Pretty wicked little 334 (.040 327) ! well any ways we were on at a red light when a white hatch back thing pulled up beside us. The cocky SOB starts holler at my girl and revin up his POS lettin the blowoff valve hiss! well he gave me the "lets go" hand signal! the light turned green and i torn outta there shifting with the light (6600 RPM), had the car just about jumping out of its lane! well in fourth i let out at arounnd 7200 RPM! my buddy was behind me in his 78 Z28 and said that i had him by at least three! felt great to smoke him after hollerin at my girl like she was some kinda street walker!
I would of told him to pull over and see what happens guys like that need to be humbled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts_restoration View Post
Dads daily driver used to be a 55 chevy, 2 door 210 post. Black with white tops, super trix wheels. Either it or the white 55 with a black top he had the 64 corvette 327 engine in it that had been bored 30 over from his original drag car. Also had a floor shift 4 speed, im not sure what rears under the car.

one day him and a buddy roll up to a light, well the guy next to him had some nova or camaro and thought he was a big dog, reved his motor, etc. Dad just started a kamikaze scream and reved that ol' 327 to about 7k, that light goes green and dad gives it all shes got, One to two to three to four and just made this guys street car look like a grandma cruiser.

Well, the guy was really pissed afterwords because my dad had the trailer and full weight 68 camaro with an iron headed 454 and slicks on the back as he was going to the strip, so not only did the guy lose, but he lost to a car pulling a heavier car on the trailer

For pic whoring's sake.
the 55

the 68

I got picked on buy a newer ford half ton the other day in a 05 dmax and i had a huge inclosed trailer with a quad and a snlowblower and the roads were covered with ice and snow and he wouldnt leave me alone and kept cutting me off and things like that and the only reason he did is because he knew that trailer made it hard to take off in snow and ice, and i wouldnt of raced him when there was that many people around anyway, i hope i see him again in better weather so i can see what hes got when when he knows my tires will grab. After telling my father about it he got half pissed so maybe when hes driving and i tell him thats the guy he`ll show him what that truck will do, he never races anymore but hes proud of his truck an when someone eggs him on its like hes back in his teenage years with his 70 duster.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #104
'72customdeluxe

there are fart cannon, park bench wing civics, and smoking old "tree fiddies" (which are sometimes 305's) installed in gm vehicles with worn out glass packs. Both show up at the track running bad times. Both owners thought they were hot stuff. Just do your own thing.
Any the guy talking about subies being unreliable to go fast, try an 11 year old ls1 f-body I'm never not working on my dad's car, makes my c10 look good for breaking

Last edited by '72customdeluxe; 01-13-2011 at 10:45 PM.
'72customdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #105
oldschool53_BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
I'm looking forward to getting my windows blacked out..then it will really piss them off when I roll it down and they see an old grey hair driving!!!! I just need so CCR to blast them with
amen!!!

1953 BBC 3100
427 T-400 12 Bolt

Al
oldschool53_BBC is offline   Reply With Quote