The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2023, 11:11 PM   #1
joedoh

Re: Is there anybody out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick53 View Post
I have a 53 3100 that I'm building for drag and drive. I try to contribute if I think it's relevant. Just because no one replies doesn't mean they are not listening. I'm running a 6-71 NOS blown I6 292 at 1000+HP so not a lot of interest in it but I still post. Thank you for your time.

nice truck as always mick. dont forget to look at the post dates, where there was a few posts in 2001 and then NOTHING till yesterday.

APRIL 2001. jeeze. I had just quit my job at the stereo shop and started aircraft avionics and was talking about going to college in the fall. it was still 5 months before the cowards crashed the planes, and you didnt have to show up 3 hours before your flight. pop machines still had 50 cent cans, nobody was texting and driving, and you could go see a movie that wasnt about CGI heros overcoming adversity and coming together to defeat world ending threats.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 11:42 AM   #2
TX3100Guy

Re: Is there anybody out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
APRIL 2001. jeeze. I had just quit my job at the stereo shop and started aircraft avionics and was talking about going to college in the fall. it was still 5 months before the cowards crashed the planes, and you didnt have to show up 3 hours before your flight. pop machines still had 50 cent cans, nobody was texting and driving, and you could go see a movie that wasnt about CGI heros overcoming adversity and coming together to defeat world ending threats.
HA I got that beat. April 1973 (28 years prior to April 2001). I was approaching my 18th birthday, headed off to college in the fall to a state with 18 as the drinking age (but with 3.2 beer). Gas cost 29 cents a gallon, the price of a candy bar was 10 cents. For a $1 I could go to MacDonalds and get a hamburger, small fries, and a small coke. I was just a few months away from my Dad's grasp when I grew my hair down to my shoulders and wore bell bottom jeans with a "Keep on Truckin" patch sewed onto the rear pocket. Little did I know that fifty years later I would be taking that patch literally.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  10.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3783.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  58.3 KB

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote