The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #1
MaxFubar

Gearing up for a swap on my 68

Have some questions. I've googled and searched here on the issue of motor mounts/plates and have seen lots of different opinions on the matter, but wanted to see if anyone has first-hand experience with CPP's Economy Kit. This. I will be using a Holley Terminator X Max kit for the electronics, and I am hoping the bung on the downpipes are the same size as the wideband in their kit to save some time on having to weld a bung into the exhaust. Wanted to reach out and see if anyone has used this kit and see if it's worth it, or if I should use something like the Dirty Dingo mounts?
MaxFubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 06:33 PM   #2
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: Gearing up for a swap on my 68

no input on your initial mounts or the terminator x, but i used the dirty dingo slider mounts on my 67 and it fit nice. i used speed engineering ls swap headers and they fit like a glove everywhere. installing my 02 sensors now and nothing interferes.

hope this helps...

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:22 AM   #3
amashal

I would use sliders. That’s the one thing I regret not using on the swap I just finished. Everything ended up fitting fine but I had to drill new holes for my transmission crossmember and had to have a driveshaft shortened. If I would’ve bought the sliders I think everything would’ve lined up perfect. Maybe yours will line up fine without sliders.
amashal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:47 PM   #4
MaxFubar

The Classic Kit plates have sliders on them, but I don't know how much adjustment they offer compared to the Dirty Dingos. I'll keep digging. Thanks for the replies!
MaxFubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #5
Accelo

If you want to move the motor forward enough to retain the stock driveline you will be reducing the clearance between the motor and radiator by roughly 2.5" While this may be fine depending on the fan configuration it will look silly with the motor that far forward.
This is assuming you are changing out the transmission for a 4L60E. If you are retaining the stock transmission it should work fine as the motor mounts are typically designed to put the motor in the stock location. Adapting a LS to a early SBC transmission requires some research to get the correct flex plate.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote