The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > 67-72

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 03:24 PM   #1
greenvilledave

350 and three on the tree

Restoring a 69 and found a 71 parts truck that we are stripping. has a 350 with auto trans. but my son wants to keep the manual three speed. This 350 does not have the casting for the clutch shaft. Has anybody got a good solution. Also does anyone see any other problems Thanks Dave
Old 10-06-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
dubie

You are looking for a solution for the pivot ball location? I have swapped my inline 6 out for a 350 with the 3 speed already so I can lend a bit of first hand experience . Let me know exactly what you're looking for bud.

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
Old 10-06-2004, 04:37 PM   #3
dubie

I believe this is what you are looking at. You will have to make a plate liek this one
This is a pic and info given to me from GMC Pauls

Take a piece of steel 1/8" thick, 1 1/2" wide and 7 1/2" long, drill a 1/2"diameter hole centered on width of steel 1 1/2" in from the end, this hole you will use to install plate using the rear hole in block, measuring from the same end you made first measurement from mark the steel in center of width at 6 3/8" and drill another 1/2" diam. hole, install a pivot ball stud designed to screw into block in this hole and fasten in place using a lock washer and 1/2" nut. Slide the z-bar over the pivot ball stud on plate you made and lower the z-bar & plate into place installing a 1/2" diameter bolt with lock washer into rear hole on block and tighten once you have aligned z-bar straight with the frame.

And this is what I installed in mine

I bolted the hole on the right hand side, into the hole back near the bellhousing and welded the pivot ball in the blue circled hole

Hope this helps.

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
Closed Thread