The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
mhjs15

New Member 5.3 carb going into 82 K20

I am new to this website and have a few questions. I Just got a 82 Chevy k20 I am planning on putting a 5.3 carb motor into it, right now the engine is sitting in my 95 S10. It is not running yet still waiting to get the MSD ignition kit for it. I plan on putting a 700r4 behide it with a 208 transfer case that is already in the truck. On another website once I was reading something about a spacer for the flywheel to meet up with the torque converter, do I really need one? I was going thru some pics on this site it looks like stock manifolds will work, if so is there any thing I got to do to get them to work? The last thing is I fold it once on here once but I saw some pics and cannot find it again of a front crossmember replacement and is it really need to be done. The only reason I am putting this motor into the truck is that my S10 I am giving to my stepson whats to put a 6.0 FI into it when he gets the money to do it. I am planing to rebuild this truck from the tires up.
mhjs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: New Member 5.3 carb going into 82 K20

I assume your second question refers to exhaust manifolds, not intake correct? If so, the stock manifolds may or may not fit depending on what mounts or adapter plates you use. Each combination puts the engine in a different front/back configuration and height. I have seen many guys have luck the the Trailbazer SS manifolds or the Doug Thorley swap headers.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
LEEVON

Yes you do really need this spacer:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUP-HP3795/
Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
mhjs15

Well I will just get some used exhaust manifolds from the junkyard to try out as soon as I get the motor in. I plan on putting the motor, trans and transfer case together and put it in, but first I have to get the motor mounts order for it this week. Right now the truck has a 350 engine 400 trans and 208 transfer case. I am making a list of stuff to get for it. Right now I am trying to get a buddy of mine to sell me his 1980 C10 with a great body on it and only has 65k miles on it and is onl the second person to own it well maybe third he got it from a junkyard that we use to work for back in the day. My body is gone i would have to replace the whole flooring on it. The box was gone be on repair so I had fun with our new plasma cutter at work cutting it off since cuttig tourch was out of gas. Would unbolt it and use a hoist in the shop but they where all used up.
mhjs15 is offline   Reply With Quote