The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Mustard72

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

Did I miss something? Are you pulling the Dodge motor and trans to put in the Chevy? Or is the Dodge a driver until you get the Chevy on the road? Sorry if I'm a bit behind on this.

Old Mustard, 1972 Chevy C20, 350, TH350, 4.10 Dana 60 rear, owned since I was 16 in 1986
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=545356

Blue Bell, 1987 K20, 6.2L Diesel, TH400/NP208, 4.10 gears

Ustahav 1976 K10, 350/350/203, Gov Loc, Yooper beater trail truck.
Mustard72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard72 View Post
Did I miss something? Are you pulling the Dodge motor and trans to put in the Chevy? Or is the Dodge a driver until you get the Chevy on the road? Sorry if I'm a bit behind on this.
Nick,
You're not behind at all. I've been wanting to go to a diesel for quite some time. I've followed Mosesburb and the build up of his 72 Suburban, Ryanroo and his 72 K20, as well as Dieselwrencher and his 72 Longhorn. They've provided quite a lot of inspiration, as well as some valuable information along the way.

HOWEVER, unlike those guys, I'm going to end up outsourcing the transformation. In my new job, I'm traveling about 20% of the time, and like others on the board, I'm still trying to finish up my bachelor's degree (hopefully at the end of May.)

At one point in time, my wife was the office manager for Randy Ellis of Randy Ellis Designs , so I reached out to him at the beginning of the year to start pulling all of the pieces together. He doesn't have time until June, which gives me a little bit of time to get the remaining pieces together before "two trucks enter, only one truck leaves."

Considering that I've now owned my Chevy for 13 years, this is the first time that I finally see the end in sight. I've been saving for the last year to pull this all together, which was why I busted arse to get the rust repaired through last summer.

So, get parts now, truck goes to Randy in June, painters in July/August (already lined up), leaving only the upholstery to do before I start using it for hunting season in September/October.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote