The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
roughedup72

tilt column

I've decided to sale the tilt column from the 93 burb, minus the steering wheel. Its in good shape and has no wobble. 50.00 plus shipping.SOLD
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.

Last edited by roughedup72; 02-05-2010 at 08:07 AM.
roughedup72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
tonyp56

Re: tilt column

Is it for auto trans and cruise? I'm in OKlahoma, anyway you could estimate shipping to here? Have 1988 GMC 2500 that needs column, have steering wheel. However, not 100% sure if burb column would work or not... Supposed to be same column for years 1988-1994 though.... Let me know if you have way to estimate shipping. Thanks
tonyp56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
roughedup72

I can check it through ups.com. Yes its an auto with cruise. It should be the same. It looks just like the one that was in my brothers 2500. Whats your address and zip and I will plug it in and get an estimate. It also has the key but you may need to have a new one cut or you could use your old key and switch. Thanks
1972 chevy cheyenne 10,nothing special at the moment,Its a work in progress, Working on the engine, paint and body,engine, paint and body,now its the suspenion, ahh hell I'm about tired of working on it. Maybe it will be a rat rod.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
roughedup72

I checked and this is a rough estimat because I dont know excactly what the column weighs but to stillwater 74074 is 28.81 ups ground on a package weighing 40lbs and 36"x8"x8". so It could cost less depending on weight.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
tonyp56

Thank you... Shipping estimate is fine for right now, sounds good to me. It will be a little bit before I can get the money for it, income tax return and all (Feb 12 estimated date from IRS). I will keep this page in my favorites, if you sell before I can get the cash that is OK, hope for your sake you can get it sold one way or another.

I would likely just use the current key and tumbler, perhaps having an extra made. Is column together or did you break it down beyond taking steering wheel off? In other words, is all switches etc. still in it?

Thanks again
Old 02-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
roughedup72

All the switches are still intact. The only thing I needed from it was the wheel and horn ring. everything else is still there. I will try and get a picture of it tonight and upload it onto the thread.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
tonyp56

That sounds good to me, thanks and yeah, if you can I'd like to get to see it before buying.

On payment, which do you prefer? I have pay-pal account or could send a money order to you before you ship out. I'd prefer to use paypal just to get it here quicker, but can do either.

Thanks again
Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
roughedup72

paypal works good for me also. I may have to take the levers off to get it in the box. But they will be in the box. I have some bigger boxes as well but It may make shipping a little more but I willl check it out first and let you know.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
roughedup72

Heres some pics. I noticed that the top of the plastic trim is broken right behind the top of the steering wheel. If needed to I can get that replaced.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #10
tonyp56

Well, it sounds like a deal to me... I've got that piece from my broken column so I will change it out after it gets here. Will have to remove wire harnesses and pull that piece off (Lock housing/Lock bowl whatever anyone wants to call it, LOL) and put mine on, run wires down column and reattach switches etc...

I've got the money and will pay thru Paypal. I'll send you a PM with my address so you'll have that so you can get a good idea on shipping and then you could let me know what e-mail to send payment too and how much to send. Thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
roughedup72

Ok sounds good, I sent you a pm.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:00 AM   #12
tonyp56

Just wanted to say roughedup72 has sent the column to me, and everything so far has went smoothly. Will post back when I receive column, but don't feel there will be any issues.

Thanks again...
Old 02-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #13
roughedup72

Thanks tonyp, Let me know how it is when you get it. If you need antthing else just pm me.
Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:37 AM   #14
tonyp56

OK will do, it is still on schedule to be here Monday... (in OKC right now)
Old 02-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #15
tonyp56

Just wanted you to know that I received steering column today and have already got it installed in my truck... All looks good. Replaced the lock cylinder with a new one, along with replacing your housing with the one from my old column... It all went together, took a little longer than I had hoped but it is done. Still got to get horn in right, my horn ring tower where horn button goes in and turns a little to lock is broke, so a little hard to get it all together... Will work on more when it warms up.

Truck is coming togther so thanks a mint for column, it was a saver... now no more sloppy steering wheel. Thanks....
Old 02-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #16
roughedup72

Glad to see you got it in and you will be back on the road in no time at all.