The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2021, 01:52 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

4L80e vs 6L80e.

I am a big fan of the 6L80 my Silverado had as it made the LV3 4.3 V6 really a great package.

As I am working on my C10 shoving a 450-475 hp LT1 into its engine bay. I am dreaming of a 6L80 swap.

For towing, and general abuse. Alot of people seem to like the 4L80 because it is more bullet proof. As something to do with th 6L80 2 gears can be actuated at once thus munching the gears.

Is that a real big deal or something people who tune, and tune for the utmost performance will only get to happen. As I plan to use a good trans control box with it left in a generic shift kit position.

Both will work for messing around as the truck is fairly light, and will only tow heavy a few times a year. I have a appx level 3 trans as I have a T700T4/4L65 hybrid. But it was built for a car that weighs around a 1000 pounds less, and that would never tow. So I am also considering future reliability.

The engine for reference was a smog legal 383 LT1 build with AFR heads, and dyno'd at 465hp in smog legal trim. All I have added was proper 1 3/4 long tubes with a 4 barrel intake. So those add a bit of power back to the engine
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote