The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Mark VIII Electric Fan with Digital Dakota 2700 Fan Controller

The Lincoln Mark VIII cooling fans are on the most sought after, OEM fans. A powerful two speed fan with estimates showing 4500 cfm per minute. That's a lot of air!

I bought this one several years ago for my '78 build, but ended up going clutch/fan. Seems a shame to let such a good setup sit in the garage, so it's up for sale!

Photos:

had a little shelf dust from sitting. I cleaned it up nice, got in the corners, etc. It's all nice and clean, ready to pull out of the box and install on your radiator.

Width is approximately 22 inches or so, as is height. There are four holes, one in each corner, to mount to the radiator with a radiator zip kit that you can pick up at any auto parts store for a few bucks.

The fan controller is great and you can really customize it to get it fine tuned. The wire for "sender" goes to the water sending unit, which is where it measures temperature.

Instructions for the pac-2700 are located online, here:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/pac-2700.pdf

Very easy to setup and work with. They've done a really good job on this controller and making it virtually fool proof!

This controller is setup for two speed controls. High and low. The 2700 ships with two relays that for just about any fan, except the Mark VIII fan, will work fine. When we were setting this up and testing, it was apparent the included relays were NOT enough to handle the Mark VIII beast.

So I ordered higher rated and better relays. Once these were installed, the fan blew like a hurricane. It's really impressive how much air this fan can move. Included with this, are the higher rated relays that are shown in the picture.

I'm including the wiring harness we built for this installation. You are welcome to build your own. What's important about it though, is that it includes the connector to the fan, which I had to buy separately. Currently the connector to the fan is tied into the harness, however, if you want to mount this in the cabin (as recommended), you would need just remove the fan connector harness from the rest of the wiring, then tie it into your own harness. The wiring is simple to do and the instructions for the controller make it virtually fool proof.

Items are carefully boxed and ready to ship. I live half a mile from a USPS station. No delays, no excuses. You want it, I want to get it to you, and where possible, will go out same day.

Price: $175, shipped to your door (In Continental US). No need to ask for shipping quote.

I prefer and accept paypal.

These are also listed on Ebay with BIN. Will sell fan and controller separately. Both are ready to ship out.

Last edited by BruthaMan; 05-06-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: To note items are also available on Ebay.
BruthaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Re: Mark VIII Electric Fan with Digital Dakota 2700 Fan Controller

I've listed these items on Ebay. Would prefer to sell here to someone who can use these for their project.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
pete63

How much for just the fan and wiring shipped to 54610?
Posted via Mobile Device
pete63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your interest. $70 for the controller shipped to your door with USPS flat rate shipping.

I had to separate out the wiring, because the pigtail for the fan was part of it and it needs to stay with the fan.

It will come with the two relay hookups (normally this controller comes with one relay setup, but I wanted to program it for dual speed, so purchased the extra relay pigtail) and the two 70 amp relays. It's very easy to setup and wire.

Just let me know and I'll send you my Paypal info. I can't remember if flat rate comes with tracking number, if not, I'll see if I can add that on to the shipping so I can get you a tracking number as well. Live a few blocks from the post office, so I can get it off to you tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
pete63

Sorry should been more specific. Actually interested in the fan and pigtail not the controller. Let me know what price of fan is. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

My bad, Pete. Must have had a temporary loss of cabin pressure. Your comment said fan and wiring.

I'll do $99 on the fan and pigtail, shipped to your door. Have the box ready, will bubble wrap to protect it and can ship it out tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
pete63

I will take the fan and pigtail. PM me paypal info and will get you paid in a couple hours.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Fan sold to pete63.