The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2007, 02:57 AM   #19
jaros44sr

Re: Tried 20's on Green Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monster View Post
Agreed. The 15's look good. 17's look nice too. 18's are not offered in that style wheel otherwise I might consider them too. If I went to 35 inch tires the wheels would definitely have to go up in size too. The 33's just look too small to me but 35's look like they will give me clearance issues as the tire and fender will rub. Like most of you guys said... I'll just leave it alone. It looks good the way it is.
GM, I am in the same situation. I like the looks of 35's but can't fit them under my truck without body damage and the fear of snapping an axle. Unsafe both ways. 35's seem to be proportional to the bulk of the truck...

Using a lever and a fulcrum as an example, the further out the lever you move the easier it is to lift. You could lift something in closer on the lever, but it would take more force, possilby snapping the lever (or axle). Could we take this logic and apply it to the ring and pinion? If I were to run 4.56 gears would that lessen the force on the axles, or is it just the mass, wt. of the wheel tire combo that is the culprit. Seems to me, you wouldn't be applying as much force with the lower gears.

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but there has to be a way I can safely run 35's on the street w/4" of lift and not cause anyone harm, my truck and self included. I just don't know what is snapping axles

I like the way yours looks with the 33's...

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 12-18-2007 at 03:06 AM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote