The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2016, 06:24 PM   #1
FLYNAVY30

8 AN fuel pick up w/ 6 AN return for stock tank??

Im converting my 6.0L LS swap from a carb over to a Holley Terminator EFI set up. Im going to run and external Holley pump but am having a hard time finding an 8-AN feed/6-AN return that will fit the stock tank in my '72 C20 Suburban....any help/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 8 AN fuel pick up w/ 6 AN return for stock tank??

which part are you looking for? The AN sizes are the 1/2 and 3/8's respectively. You can adapt to and from an existing hardline with a hardline (tube) to AN adapter fitting.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:10 PM   #3
FLYNAVY30

yea, the problem is that the factory hard lines coming out of the factory pick up are much smaller. Im looking for an aftermarket pick up that actually has an 8-AN pick up and 6-AN return, all the way down to the tank.....Mallory used to sell one but nobody carries it anymore.....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/maa-4205

If I can't get anything to work, I may consider a replacement sump style tank with bungs in the sump for an 8-AN pressure line and 6-AN return....although Id rather not spend the money if I can avoid it.
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #4
mongocanfly
Post Whore

From sending unit to pump on mine I just used reg 3/8" gas hose, after the pump is where I started with my -an fittings and steel braid hose. I used the vette filter reg and just hooked the bypass back to the tank with 5/16" gas hose.all my stuff is under the bed and outta sight so visually nobody sees it .really not much need for steel braid on suction side of pump. And I've had no issues on the return either
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote