The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Engine and Drivetrain > LSx Related

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2022, 05:27 PM   #1
HYPR

LS vs LT mount differences

Geez, I am learning a lot. More information that I never knew and at this point wish I had known before. OK, After speaking with ICT and now watching this YOUTUBE from LOJ Conversions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=280o3rhAZHkI have learned that almost nothing available on the LS is automatically useable for an LT installation. Good to know now rather than later. One thing I was told from the start is to swap out the LT water pump for the LS style...Well not so fast, see there is a reason this is not necessarily not a domino effect change. See the LS style interferes with the VVT drive actuator. Next are something really simple, Exhaust manifolds/Headers...yep not interchangable as the exhaust ports are offset .625" on the LT and they are even different right to left unlike the LS.
OK now for a real head banger. According to ICT the mounting bolt pattern on the AC pump housing is different on the LS and LT. My desire was for the purpose of keeping everything clean was to leave the AC compressor mounted low so as to not make it impossible to deal with the PS pump Reservoir or necessitate mounting a remote Reservoir. I may have no choice unless someone can dispute what ICT is saying about the lower AC mounting points being different on the LS vs LT. If they are different I may just have my son cut up some that fit the LT on his CNC Plasma table. We will see. Another question is what is the difference in mounting points on the 6.2 and the 5.3?
So...Question is can dispute or confirm what ICT is saying about the lower AC mounting points being different on the LS vs LT?

Last edited by HYPR; 06-16-2022 at 06:47 PM.
HYPR is offline   Reply With Quote