The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
GMC91
Always trouble

91 DD build

Well, before I begin, let me tell you Im only 16 about to be 17. So money is a huge limiting factor, that and I have to drive the truck almost everyday. Timie to begin the story. When I was 13 my dad gave me his old work truck, a 91 GMC Sierra sport-side. He didnt just give it to me, had to spend a whole summer building a 2 car garage. So on my birthday he surprised me by handing me the keys, a bottle of armoral, and some other cleaning stuff. Well for 2 years the truck sat and was driven about 1-2 times a month by me on some back roads with my dad. When I turned 15 my dad gave me the choice between a new motor or a paint job, since the 350 that was in it still ran good, I picked a new paint job All was fine and dandy till I turned 16 then the whole truck went down hill. I raced my friends, hit a small tree(didnt hurt the truck, just killed the tree, it was really small), backed onto a late 80 model mustang, sang the truck in 5 foot of water, the whole truck was tore up. Looking back I regret it all. Well I spent the whole summer replacing the motor and tranny. I now have a 83 model 305 and a TH350 tranny in the truck with an Edle 600CFM 4 barrel carb with mech secondaries. It drives nice just looks like hell. Now Im working on the body and since its already tore up and needs new paint Im gonna customize it too my liking. Right now I got the grill and front bumber off and fixing some dents in the fenders. I painted the support for the bumper flat black along with the front piece that the grill and all bolts into. My plains are the lower it a little more, shaved tail-gate and shaved door handles, new style grill with Euro headlights, crome GMC emblems, new mirrors painted to match, shaved rear steps, custom interior, smoothie front bumper, roll pan for the back, Euro tailights, and some other stuff that I just cant remember now. Well enough for talking, time for some pics.

Heres what I started with.

The motor when I still had my Holley on it. Now got an Edle.

Just one of the many dents in it.

I got to get a new hood(the one on it was already dented beyond repair) and a new tail-gate(also dented beyond repair). Also if anyone has any other ideas for customizing it, please tell me, Im always looking for new ideas.