The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2019, 10:27 PM   #26
2 Stovebolts

Re: Reproduction Grills

With aftermarket & reproduction parts you have to settle for an acceptance...Case in point... I somewhat successfully installed an OEM grille on a truck that had an OEM fender on one side & an A/M on the other side...The grille fits perfectly against the front edge of the OEM fender and on the A/M fender there's a good 1/4 in gap...I also had a real tough time aligning the holes & had to elongate the holes in the OEM grille bracket to make it somewhat fit. On a previous build I bought an A/M front fender wheelhouse, that no holes matched up and couldn't use it....Had to weld pieces on an OEM and do body work....can you imagine....I'm always looking for inexpensive OEM sheet metal whether I need it or not, just to have spares..and there is a supply out there....Decent grille shells can also be had....Restoring the OEM shells is also a chore as you need to strip the coating on them, polish, & re clear......It all can be done with time & patience...
2 Stovebolts is offline   Reply With Quote