The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2021, 06:49 PM   #1
SARBlade

My’56 Chevy Shortbox Build

Hi All, I have been a car guy all my life, but never a restorer. Last year after a 2 month RV trip through western Canada, i noticed that there were not as many old trucks taking up spaces in farmers yards or back 40’s. I grew up in a small farming community and drove my uncles ‘51 Chevy as a youngster on his knee. Then after awhile I started seeing 55-57 Chevy/GMCs around, not many, I always loved there look. I spotted this beauty in Medicine Hat Alberta, and looked at it. I didn’t talk to the owner he wasn’t around. I never forgot about it. Then last Feb 2020, I was trolling Kijiji, a Canadian buy and sell website, and I saw it there. I sent the guy an email and after some negotiations, I put a down payment on it. Then Covid-19 hit. I didn’t pick it up until June of last year. I brought it home to Vancouver Island and stored it at a friends farm until I was ready for it. I brought it home first week of Feb this year. It’s now ready for me to tackle!