The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #26
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Re: LMC tips..

A little surprised at the thread here I've had generally good luck with them but i do occasionally get a part which looks like it was made in the far reaches of China!!!!

Then i would get something like the mirrors on my dually......and am blown away at the quality; top notch stainless, beautiful tig weld, perfect fit .....i dunno i wish all these specialty parts vendors would go take a lesson from Summit Racing...placed hundreds of orders and their still batting a thousand!!!!!!!!!!! outtta here ............................
RUSHNBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #27
DaSchlange

Smile Re: LMC tips..

Well, one thing I can say about LMC, is that I have ordered everything for my truck from them, and never been dissatisfied except for one time. Ordered a new behind-the-seat gas tank and put it in, well I understand that in most cases that tanks are created universally and so is everything else, however, this tank lined up perfectly with my bolt holes in the cab, except the tank neck was a little too long. So therefor it did not fit in the grommet right and there was a huge gaping hole. I simply put some silicone on it and you couldn't tell the difference from where the silicone starts and where the grommet begins. They also sent me the wrong gas cap, however they did send me the one I ordered, it just wasn't the right one for my application. No big deal found one at my local parts store. Then one other time they sent my stuff to a place in Kentucky with the same town name, haha, that was fun, but you know, even after ALL of this, never once was really dissatisfied. They offered to send me a different gas tank, gas cap, and fixed my order. I was never out anything other than time. LMC customer service is bar none above all and better than any other customer service I have ever dealt with. There was no long talks and walk-throughs. I bet I wasn't on the phone longer than 5 minutes, and I had no waiting time. So if you want to bash LMC, have some legitimate reasons first, because this is the first time I have ever heard anything bad about them.
DaSchlange is offline   Reply With Quote