The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2021, 06:32 AM   #1
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkha1 View Post
Great progress on the rolling chassis.
I was in the same boat re. how far to go with the cab paint but decided to blast the shell and epoxy prime and go from there. (not done yet)
I found a place in Wiltshire that will do the cab inside and out and apply 2k epoxy to protect it. Prior projects I have wire wheeled and scraped away for weeks but always regretted not going back to steel.

That LS you have looks very tidy inside - I bought a used core sight unseen and it was immaculate inside - apart from a bad lifter that got swapped out - hope you get a good couple of days on it next week...
Having built cars with £5-10K paint jobs I won't be doing that again! Woody will stay with his original battle scared paint, I do however like to have a smart engine bay so will blast the fire wall once Grizz has finished with my blaster.

The challenge comes with where do you stop... IF I paint the interior then do I blast it. If I am going to blast it do I take the windows out. If I take the windows out.... and so the snowball grows....

Fully expecting to change out some lifters and trays once I have the engine fired up but, hopefully I can put that off until I have a few miles under my belt. PLUS! I have the damn Christmas tree to pick up in Woody that has now become pretty much the only thing my daughter talks about....

Will wonder over and have a look at your build.

Thanks!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 06:38 AM   #2
jmarkha1

I hear you - the"original " plan was patina truck with immaculate interior and mechanicals. that way I don't have to worry about actually using it as a truck or parking it up and not worrying.
Will see what happens once the cab is done.

I also need to start a build thread to get some much needed enthusiasm :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
Having built cars with £5-10K paint jobs I won't be doing that again! Woody will stay with his original battle scared paint, I do however like to have a smart engine bay so will blast the fire wall once Grizz has finished with my blaster.

The challenge comes with where do you stop... IF I paint the interior then do I blast it. If I am going to blast it do I take the windows out. If I take the windows out.... and so the snowball grows....

Fully expecting to change out some lifters and trays once I have the engine fired up but, hopefully I can put that off until I have a few miles under my belt. PLUS! I have the damn Christmas tree to pick up in Woody that has now become pretty much the only thing my daughter talks about....

Will wonder over and have a look at your build.

Thanks!

P.
jmarkha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:12 PM   #3
88Stanger

Quote:
I hear you - the"original " plan was patina truck with immaculate interior and mechanicals. that way I don't have to worry about actually using it as a truck or parking it up and not worrying.
Will see what happens once the cab is done.

I also need to start a build thread to get some much needed enthusiasm :-)
Start a build thread!! It is great to watch others build theirs and then learn from others also, get great input and just be part of the fun!
Paul has done a great job so far on this build and it is awesome to watch is as he does it.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:23 PM   #4
jmarkha1

Thanks 88Stanger and PaulY for the nudge.
Yes - I have been collecting pictures already so will start a build thread and share the journey - I check build threads pretty much every day on here so I should join in the fun really.

will start part1 asap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Start a build thread!! It is great to watch others build theirs and then learn from others also, get great input and just be part of the fun!
Paul has done a great job so far on this build and it is awesome to watch is as he does it.
jmarkha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:59 AM   #5
Paul Y

Quote:
Thanks 88Stanger and PaulY for the nudge.
Yes - I have been collecting pictures already so will start a build thread and share the journey - I check build threads pretty much every day on here so I should join in the fun really.

will start part1 asap...
Look forward to it!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote