The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2023, 10:05 AM   #1
ShinyC10

Window felt

Has anyone had issues with their windows not wanting to go up or down when replacing all the window felt. I’ve replaced every piece of felt in the windows and it is so tight in the channel they won’t move. I’ve used the silicone spray and it doesn’t really help. I ordered new regulators and acdelco motors, hoping that helps.
ShinyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:00 AM   #2
chrismoore701

Re: Window felt

Be sure that felt is pressed all the way into the groove.
2018 Chevy Silverado, 39 years apart
My build 2008-2016. http://m.imgur.com/a/bURrE
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 11:16 AM   #3
ShinyC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismoore701 View Post
Be sure that felt is pressed all the way into the groove.
And this is what I thought the issue was so I removed all of it and installed it again. I even went around the entire channel with a plastic pride tool, and made sure to push it all into the corners. It all clicked into place. The new regulators and motors definitely helped. It seems like the part of the window channel that inserts to the top of the door is too tight for the window to slip in.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:28 AM   #4
Pontiac1976

Have you made sure that all the rollers in good shape lubed all the rollers and tracks then make sure to adjust track so that the window move smooth.
I assume you have power do you have dual relays trick on the window motors. First do you have the right yrs. rubbers and yrs. door trim rubber as a set matched yr. (80-79 glass thicker, 81-87 glass thinner) Or does any of the window rubber bulge more into the window side flaw or is there and old rubber or dirt build up anywhere. New seal will be snug. silicone, or something on the inner glass edge may help.
1977 REG cab Long Bed with a 1984 Front Clip, 82 305 .60 over 9.0.1 flat top pistons, 4bbl, TH350, w/84 SS-intake & cam , w/ 1977 big block rad, 1975 gear box, 1984 master w/ metric fittings top & SAE fitting @ portion block, 1975 3.42 gear open diff. Duel 77-87 Factory air cleaner, duel inlet from rad support . Down sized 9' to new 8' Steel flat bed
Was a 77 454 w/308 gear. Taken out 550 lbs. up front with motor clip change.
Pontiac1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 02:28 PM   #5
ShinyC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac1976 View Post
Have you made sure that all the rollers in good shape lubed all the rollers and tracks then make sure to adjust track so that the window move smooth.
I assume you have power do you have dual relays trick on the window motors. First do you have the right yrs. rubbers and yrs. door trim rubber as a set matched yr. (80-79 glass thicker, 81-87 glass thinner) Or does any of the window rubber bulge more into the window side flaw or is there and old rubber or dirt build up anywhere. New seal will be snug. silicone, or something on the inner glass edge may help.
Everything is new on the door besides glass. Everything should be correct as far as year specific. Power windows with autoloc one touch up/down module. They move quick without the felt installed. I have had the windows rolled all the way up for a month or so now hoping it will form to the felt a little. Might add a little bit of heat to see if I can soften the rubbers up a little. I’ve put silicon spray in the channels too. We’ll see when I get it going again. Will update soon