The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2022, 01:06 AM   #1
69BUCKET

Gauges

Need some help to get in contact with the guy who sells restored gauges on here.
69BUCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 01:19 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69BUCKET View Post
Need some help to get in contact with the guy who sells restored gauges on here.

One is member TBONE1964. He hasn't been on the board for about 3 months now. He may respond if you Message him.

There are a couple of other members that restore them but I can't remember who they are.....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 02:17 AM   #3
Accelo

I couldn't believe how well mine turned out with a new bezel and painting the needles.
Of course the plastic with the numbers was also replaced but it came with the tachometer.
I also converted the amp gauge to voltage this is not necessary unless you modify the engine harness. Bezel and some needle paint is under $50. Only works if your gauges are not from the sun belt.
Attached Images

Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 02:42 AM   #4
69BUCKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by accelo View Post
i couldn't believe how well mine turned out with a new bezel and painting the needles.
Of course the plastic with the numbers was also replaced but it came with the tachometer.
I also converted the amp gauge to voltage this is not necessary unless you modify the engine harness. Bezel and some needle paint is under $50. Only works if your gauges are not from the sun belt.
interested on finding out how to convert amo gauge...doing ls swap...
Old 12-04-2022, 02:54 AM   #5
Accelo

There are several articles in this forum. It wasn't difficult. I used a square body gauge and cut it down to fit. It looks like it is to low in the cluster when I installed it but it's perfect when installed and you are looking down on it.
Highly recommended conversion. Most the amperage gauges don't work anyway.
Cheers
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 11:53 AM   #6
Smitty

I purchased one of those from Tbone. He did the conversion. I needed it when I put the Vortec with higher output alternator.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 02:25 PM   #7
Smitty

Picture
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2022, 06:02 PM   #8
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I've had one of TBones conversion gauges in my C10 for 4/5years now and works perfect. Actually in fact I installed it myself and had to pull dash pod out to do it.
Attached Images

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" 4 Things When Used are Gone Forever "

" A Word After it is Said - A Missed Opportunity - Time once Passed - Trust after its Lost "

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 06:41 PM   #9
69BUCKET

I had a previous gauge cluster built by tbone, but i never got it to work properly. It definitely didn't have those wires on the back like that. Is there a link someone can share on how to do this with a new gauge?...
Old 12-04-2022, 06:48 PM   #10
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69BUCKET View Post
I had a previous gauge cluster built by tbone, but i never got it to work properly. It definitely didn't have those wires on the back like that. Is there a link someone can share on how to do this with a new gauge?...
He sent me the kit and I installed it and maybe if he was redoing a dash he used a different system for the voltage gauge conversion.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" 4 Things When Used are Gone Forever "

" A Word After it is Said - A Missed Opportunity - Time once Passed - Trust after its Lost "

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 03:41 AM   #11
69BUCKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by already gone View Post
i've had one of tbones conversion gauges in my c10 for 4/5years now and works perfect. Actually in fact i installed it myself and had to pull dash pod out to do it.
looks simple enough...just need a square body gauge and switch faces? I would prefer the oringinal face..
Old 12-11-2022, 06:34 PM   #12
pontiacvince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Picture
Smitty, I had a guy that I believe used to be on the forum, but not sure, do my gauge cluster. He redid everything, resetting the mileage to 000000, converted the Amp gauge to volts, added a vacuum gauge in the empty hole, and added a factory tach. I LOVE it! BUT....my volt gauge reads 18+ volts while running. Not sure why. Any help?
Attached Images

pontiacvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 07:18 PM   #13
Smitty

I’m sorry. Totally ignorant when it comes to electrical things. I’m now taking everything to a trusted mechanic because I just can’t physically do much any more. Other than hit the ignition switch, and pump to much hi test into the tank to feed the HO 350 under the hood. Suggest trying to PM Tbone1964. He is the person that did my guage. And has done a few other things for me. Or find a good local mechanic to trouble shoot it. Probably something relatively simple. But personally I always chased the most complex problems rather than starting with the simplest end of the scale. Good luck with that. I actually had my mechanic install it after I purchased it from Tbone.

Last edited by Smitty; 12-11-2022 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:26 PM   #14
Smitty

Vince, Ask people at local shows who they patronize for their work. Or strike up a conversation with someone driving a classic. I always go with word of mouth.
As a matter of fact the guy I go to has gotten so many recommendations for his work that it’s now a pain to get an appointment. Everyone I know takes their cars to him. Does great work and is honest as the day is long. Best of luck with this issue.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:25 PM   #15
dmjlambert

For help with a volt gauge that reads 18V there are a couple things to do. Use a multimeter and alligator clip jumper test wires to verify the voltage at the back of the gauge, and make sure it is actually about 18V with the engine running. If it is, then the gauge is fine but it would be a good idea to troubleshoot why the 18V. If it is not 18V at the gauge input according the multimeter, make a new thread in the electrical section of the forum to ask about your findings and what to do. It is possible the resistor on the back of the gauge is the wrong value or the gauge is hooked up incorrectly, and maybe that sort of thing can be investigated. Pictures will help.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 04:30 PM   #16
pontiacvince

Thank! I'll do that.
pontiacvince is offline   Reply With Quote