The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-28-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
Krumenauer

'55 2nd series Disc Brakes

I have added front disc brakes and a CPP Master Cylinder/proportioning valve that I purchased thru LMC. I have completed the bench bleed on the M.C., installed and have fluid to the rear (2) wheel cylinders. However, I have not been able to get any fluid to the (2) front disc brakes. I am running (1) line off the proportioning valve (left side of valve) to both wheel cylinders. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Krumenauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:59 PM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: '55 2nd series Disc Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumenauer View Post
I have added front disc brakes and a CPP Master Cylinder/proportioning valve that I purchased thru LMC. I have completed the bench bleed on the M.C., installed and have fluid to the rear (2) wheel cylinders. However, I have not been able to get any fluid to the (2) front disc brakes. I am running (1) line off the proportioning valve (left side of valve) to both wheel cylinders. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Two things come to mind, 1. run separate lines to each front wheel, 2. the prop valve need to be centered while bleeding it. You should have a tool similar to this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proportionin...-/380584863504

https://westernchassisinc.com/image.php?type=D&id=1003

remove the white plastic switch look to see if its centered and screw this in to hold it in position
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
Krumenauer

Thanks for the reply. I thought my problem might be in the proportioning valve but I didn't understand how to do work around. Question - if the valve isn't centered, how do I move it to a central position? Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #4
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumenauer View Post
Thanks for the reply. I thought my problem might be in the proportioning valve but I didn't understand how to do work around. Question - if the valve isn't centered, how do I move it to a central position? Thanks again.
If you look down the hole and it look off center use a pick and push it in the direction that centers it. In the picture of the valve you see the groove that the tool is in, You should only see the groove if its centered, you may see one shoulder or the other if its off center. once its centered screw in the tool an bleed away.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
Krumenauer

Thanks for the help. I should be able to complete the job with this advice.