The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
92GMCDriver

Some background on my dads old square.

Hey guys i figured you would enjoy seeing a few pics of my dads 78, my grandfather was the first owner of it and my dad got it in 1981 as a graduation present. i believe it had a TH350/305 combo new and it was burgundy in color. its still the original color but its been repainted a few times and the last time was in the late 80's

Heres a picture of it from 1985 back in its heyday when my dad had a pretty built motor in it. It had some camel humps that were machined out pretty good and cam/headers with a qjet. made about 300 hp but that was pretty decent for a truck back in those days.

Later in its life it got tired from my dad driving it on a daily basis and really beating on it quite often. the transmission and the rear end was blown so he decided to start from scratch again. he sold the motor and junked the the rest of the drivetrain and used the frame out of an old work truck that his friend had and made it 4x4. had a basically stock 350 with a 4 speed manual in it after that and thats the way it remains, he used it as a plow truck for a while but retired it from plowing duty later on.

The lates work that has been done to it was a fresh 350 and front and rear axles, new tires, repainted his old rallys, inner fenders, and new exhaust.
ever since then it has been sitting behind my uncles house in New Brunswick and thats probably where it will stay. we live out in alberta now and my dad says he really has no desire to go back and get it.

92GMCDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
wklink

Re: Some background on my dads old square.

What a beauty. I have a thing for maroon trucks.

Tell me it doesn't just sit there and do nothing. That thing is too beautiful to just sit and waste away.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

awww now come on, a good son would go get it!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
92GMCDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wklink View Post
What a beauty. I have a thing for maroon trucks.

Tell me it doesn't just sit there and do nothing. That thing is too beautiful to just sit and waste away.
Im sad to say that it does sit there and do nothing. i doubt its even been started in the last year or so.

and i would like to go get it but the cost of driving it out to alberta or towing it that far is out of the question for me. my dad would like to get it but he doesnt have the time or money to restore it let alone get it out here.

Edit: also the salt got to it too, cab is pretty damn bad underneath and so is the frame. and thats my dads only excuse for not wanting to restore it now.

Last edited by 92GMCDriver; 02-14-2011 at 12:27 AM.
92GMCDriver is offline   Reply With Quote