The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2015, 10:15 PM   #1
bmph8er

87 long bed. cheap hackjob rebuild to toy

so I got this truck cheap from a buddys cousin and he said all the stuff was done when he got it. if it was or wasn't whatever its a hackjob. vin says half ton but has a 14 bolt rear and dana 44 8 lug in the front. has a carbed 350 in it used to be tbi. not sure what trans yet I think 700r4 and I has a 208 transcase. has I'm guessing 4 inch springs in front with a 2 inch home made block the rear has a 4 inch block and 2 inch home made block. has 35s that's just shot. axles dash driveshaft and everything else is painted green or orange. anyway I have a 8 inch front spring and all the steering parts needed to fix the front. the rear I have a shackle flip coming for now. still need to order shocks, brake lines, rear shackles, and well a lot of other stuff. and I know the lift and tires are overkill for a dana 44 I don't care about the front axle it will break my first time out. I am trying to find a good 60 close cheap but nothing found as of now. anyway heres the pics as of now. runs good drives good and stops so I think its worth what I paid. now for the pics of the hack
the truck

front axles blocks and springs and green and orange for some reason

rear axles stacked blocks and painted driveshaft

finished off the 35s shouldn't really of done that with my 65 ss in the garage oops
bmph8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:59 PM   #2
bmph8er

Re: 87 long bed. cheap hackjob rebuild to toy

some of the new parts I ordered showed up today. new front 8 inch superlift springs. the old springs I'm guessing are 4 inch idk
bmph8er is offline   Reply With Quote