The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2021, 07:54 PM   #1
1slo64

1964 GMC Lightly Toasted

Build thread for my 1964 GMC fleetside swb, this was on another forum that was unfortunately shut down today without notice, so I get to start over. Has been in the family since the 70s I believe, originally the shop truck for my great grandfathers business, was then passed on to my dad, and then me in 2014. This was a father/son restoration project that was started when I was 12 and never really stopped. I received the truck when my parents moved to California and weren't sure when they would be coming back. I put on a porterbuilt rear suspension with ridetech coil overs shortly after.

Unfortunately in 2015 it was involved in a garage fire, they believe it started from the old 1980s fridge my grandmother had in there. The fire uncovered some rust problems that I thought we had fixed but apparently just covered with bondo the first go round. So I decided to tear it apart and fix it all the right way.