The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Trucks For Sale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
georgieb51

1970 K10 Shortbed stepside (not cut down) $5200

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

PRICE DROP TO $4,500. AS OF 11/29/2021 This truck was advertised recently but deal fell through. This is an original 1970 1/2 ton 4x4 SHORTBED with documentation to prove it. Not a cut down longbed. Very rare. Price is firm unless you want to offer me more.

I have a clean title (in NYS this is called a transferable registration) with the correct VIN on it. The VIN tag on the cab matches the VIN label on the glove box, and the glovebox clearly says 115" wheelbase.

The truck has 4x4, PS, PB and limited slip rear. The motor is NOT original to the truck. It is a 400 small block out of a 1975 K10. It is very tight and runs very nicely. When I first got the truck I planned on doing a complete restoration which is why I went west and found the cab-- but my life has taken a different direction due to cancer showing up in my wife. Priorities then changed radically and quickly.

Leaking PS and AY transmission lines were replaced.
It runs well, goes forward and back and stops but would need work to get it back on the road. last inspected 2020. All four tires match and are mounted on OEM GM ralley wheels. They hold air but are meant as rollers only. I have no caps or trim rings. Best use is for RESTORATION.

It also has a limited slip rear end, 3.08 gears.

The front grill obviously came from a 1971/72 Chevy, and it is in very nice shape. The front axle with the disc brakes probably came out of a 1972 truck. They look rough but the do work so that is a positive feature.

Just a friendly word of advice: every piece of sheet metal is rusty. It will all have to be replaced. I have a rust-free cab and other parts that I will sell with this truck but that is another story for someone who will talk to me about actually buying this wonderful diamond in the rough.

Please note the SANDBLASTED photos. Someone wanted to know how well the rust would clean up around critical parts such as the spring perches, and I would say it cleaned up very well. This is a SOLID FRAME.
Can be seen in downtown Schuyler Lake, just outside of fabulous Cooperstown NY, 13326
I also have a red cab with both of its original uncut doors for sale that is almost rust free. It came from desert of California, I will sell it with the truck for additional $2100. I will not sell it by itself until or unless the buyer of this truck declines it.
Attached Images

1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.

Last edited by georgieb51; 12-12-2021 at 09:30 PM. Reason: SOLD TRUCK
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote