The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2022, 12:29 PM   #1
hooverfish

Seat covers for 75-77 buckets ?

Saw these for sale on Ebay, appears to be two tone vinyl, it says oxen vinyl insert with Madrid vinyl trim.
Looks like you have to buy the rear seat cover, package deal.
Anyone have any experience or knowlege on these ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35370690107....c100667.m2042
Attached Images

"It's a sorry man who can't find his wife a good job"
hooverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:41 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Seat covers for 75-77 buckets ?

mst ebay seat covers are crap...l i like legendary and there is another vendor that is mentioned in the restoring seats thread that TCKR uses thats good stuff too

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:30 PM   #3
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
mst ebay seat covers are crap...l i like legendary and there is another vendor that is mentioned in the restoring seats thread that TCKR uses thats good stuff too
Both of us have seat covers that we ordered for our bucket seats. I think hooverfish is just getting tired of waiting. I understand it can be excruciating, but I’m hanging in there. I knew it would take time to get them, so I’m waiting for mine, because I know it will be worth it.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #4
hooverfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
Was asking if anyone had information on the pictured seats with 2tone vinyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Both of us have seat covers that we ordered for our bucket seats. I think hooverfish is just getting tired of waiting. I understand it can be excruciating, but I’m hanging in there. I knew it would take time to get them, so I’m waiting for mine, because I know it will be worth it.
Yes frustrated, but I am going to wait. I'm getting by with the old covers in my truck.

"It's a sorry man who can't find his wife a good job"
hooverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:48 PM   #5
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverfish View Post
Saw these for sale on Ebay, appears to be two tone vinyl, it says oxen vinyl insert with Madrid vinyl trim.
Looks like you have to buy the rear seat cover, package deal.
Anyone have any experience or knowlege on these ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35370690107....c100667.m2042
They aren’t really two tone, it’s the two different Vinyls. They are the same color, maroon, but the grain is a little different from Madrid to Oxen.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:25 PM   #6
smupser

What’s the thought on taking our seats to a local reputable upholstery shop and copying the pattern with the correct vinyl?
smupser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:05 AM   #7
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by smupser View Post
What’s the thought on taking our seats to a local reputable upholstery shop and copying the pattern with the correct vinyl?
There’s no local reputable upholstery shops. You can barely find any upholstery shops period.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:30 AM   #8
smupser

Out here on the west coast there a dime a dozen. I was making reference to the ability of someone skilled enough to look at a particular pattern and copy it with proper materials
Old 01-21-2022, 10:43 AM   #9
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by smupser View Post
Out here on the west coast there a dime a dozen. I was making reference to the ability of someone skilled enough to look at a particular pattern and copy it with proper materials
I was going to say that in my last post That you live in California where there’s a bunch of upholstery shops. Here on the East side of the US, it’s a profession that is fading. The 2 guys that I used, when I first had my bench seat done, were older. One is retired now. But both these guys, I really wasn’t that impressed. Kind of the reason why I started doing seats myself, but more for the “Complete” Seat Restoration, since most upholstery shops don’t even touch your frame. And I almost gave up on that until I found someone that makes “Quality” covers.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:07 PM   #10
smupser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I was going to say that in my last post That you live in California where there’s a bunch of upholstery shops. Here on the East side of the US, it’s a profession that is fading. The 2 guys that I used, when I first had my bench seat done, were older. One is retired now. But both these guys, I really wasn’t that impressed. Kind of the reason why I started doing seats myself, but more for the “Complete” Seat Restoration, since most upholstery shops don’t even touch your frame. And I almost gave up on that until I found someone that makes “Quality” covers.
I guess if someone is good, they should be able to look at an existing pattern and copy it. I have multiple sets of low backs so I can take an extra seat to the shop to have them copy it. Just wonder what’s more cost and time effective as well as getting exactly what you want