The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2021, 03:41 PM   #1
dsraven

widening front fenders

hey, just wondering if anybody has tried widening the front fenders on a 55-57 model. I know there are guys who have done it on their AD trucks, that is a feat with all those rounded parts. feel free to post up pics of widening on any of the years for front fenders.
I see tdishon has a shop doing his 59 to fit the corvette underpinnings and wide wheels. front and rear. pretty cool stuff and a great job. the 58-59 has that different bulge in the front fenders that kind of leaves a good spot to start the cut/transition. the 55.2-57 has more of an old fashioned flare look so not as easy to transition. it actually had me wondering if they used parts of a big truck fender until I looked closer and seen the formed metal in the space.
anyway, just curious. I will likely need to rework the flare on my 57 fronts for tire clearance after a frame swap, but that is a long way down the road. I am starting at the rear of the truck and working forward, finishing everything in that work space up to epoxy primer before the paint prep starts. I am done with the box now so time to start on the cab, if I can spare a moment....
tdishon got me wondering what that would look like on the older fenders.
to see tdishon's truck click the link or to see the fenders try checking posts 106 and 118 here
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=766016&page=5
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote