The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 03:22 AM   #351
joe dirt

Re: What did you do to your truck today part III

Orderd up little Larry's manual 4 play valves...just waiting on fittings and hose to finish bagging the front
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2015, 04:47 AM   #352
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnutz65 View Post
You can make it right. You CAN do it!!!
They make patch panels for that area. I got a patch from a salvage yard truck and repaired mine in a few hours, and I'm a novice welder too. See photos.
Lugnutz, I am most definitely on the novice end of the welding scale, but always prepared to give stuff a go.

Yours came out lovely, and it seems you have now changed my plans..........

I may just weld in a repair and then fit the blanking plate Ta2Don and Martin found for me in Florida last year. Then fit the radio out of sight elsewhere in the truck as I rarely have it on when I am driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside View Post
I cut my dash for my radio but it looks good. I often wonder if people are using a hammer and chisle to cut the dashes.
Like I say, either blind angry Badgers, or idiots, like the speaker holes, how many times did they have to try......?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64chevtruck View Post
I hear you on the angry badgers Grizz, My truck is butchered too, I cant imagine why someone would do that.

Nice fix on yours Lugnutz. That looks mint.

I cheezed out and just made a plate for my air switches to plug mine up.

Happy New Year

Nothing wrong with a blanking plate, that was my plan, but now Mr WhippinSaw has severely derailed my plan.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippinSaw View Post
hey Grizz1963, I have a panel that might work, 64-66 (cat food not included)
WhippinSaw, you have added another half day of pleasure to my Resto....... You have a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl84 View Post
Man, Whippinsaw, if Grizz doesn't want it, I'll buy it from you!
Earl, let's see if anyone else has a panel to sell to you for your repair.

There has to be more of them out there.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #353
Grizz1963

PS:

Ashtray front looking like this...... How do you do that? Step on it?

Another bit of fun for the future.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #354
earl84

It's all good, Grizz, it was just a target of opportunity is all. This repair isn't high on my priority list. Glad you can get it fixed on your truck. Happy welding/wrenching!
Old 01-07-2015, 07:10 PM   #355
Grizz1963

Put out a request last week on Freecycle for any old Imperial spanners or sockets as one can often see them thrown out at the council tip.

The day after the post I got a PM on Retro Rides from Luke (Smurf) to offer me a set of Imperial spanners he has had for years but never used, he saw my request on Freecycle and responded.

I popped around this morning on the way to work to collect them, and offered to pay for them, however he refused payment.

I was more interested in his new toy........ Mitsubishi Delica

After using Martin's articulated ratchet Imperial spanners he picked up in a pawnshop in Florida, I needed a set as well, Pronto !!

Found a set on Ebay for £29.00 delivered, and they were delivered to Nicola's work today, so double joy on the spanner front.

Tonight after work the first thing I did was to put two oil heaters in the trucks cab at maximum heat, to heat it up, and soften the rubber around the broken front, but perfectly intact rear windows, as they were both coming out tonight so that I can carry on with the body work, and changing the dash colour.

So after about three hours the cab was toasty, both inside and out.

Having worked in a body shop for many years, Martin knew his way around and was quick to pull the rear screen out.

Unfortunately I did not get a photograph of his laying curled up on his back like a stranded dung beetle when the front screen came hurtling toward me.

It looked great from where I stood to catch it on the bonnet and the cushion I had put there.......

He pushed it out in one long hard push with his huge safety boots planted firmly in each corner, breaking it a bit more than it already was..... thankfully the damage was already done at the end of last years last ride out.

He was laughing like a mad man as he said he had always wanted to "kick a windscreen out"

The whole of the top steel ridge is rusted, but recoverable, and there was quite a bit of silicone where leaks were obviously treated before, I have never had a problem when it rained or when I washed the truck, so I suppose the sealing treatments worked.

Last thing was to remove the instrument cluster from the dash.

This turned into a major ball ache as the ignition switch unit, including the barrel could not be removed, so it meant getting in from behind with a 1/4 inch spanner (yes, I do have one) and a 1/4 inch socket to undo the large cluster bezel from the actual instruments rear.

Can anyone please explain to me why I could not get the part that holds the key undone, the bezel does not fit over it, and these two little holes did not react to the panel pins I pushed in there, though the one hole felt like there was a spring in it.

In the end removing the instrument cluster's large bezel released it so that we could get it out in two parts, with much of the front glass falling out, as I knew it would because it was damaged when I got the truck.

All bits removed, next up for removal will be the seat and old carpet, which is in remarkably good nick, despite having some colour changes.

Last thing I guess is again proof of the great vibe in this hobby and community of ours.

WhippinSaw in Illinois offered to sell me a replacement section for my dash where the radio fits, so I agreed to buy it from him, and will be welding it in when it gets here after cutting the Badgers Revenge out.

Catfood was not included in the deal.

Thanks again for checking in.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:24 AM   #356
19515windowsolow
Account Suspended

@Grizz1963

I really wish you would stop thread jacking with your pointless pictures and shyt. RE-DICK!

Quote:
III. No pissing matches. Its fine to disagree, but once a thread has run its course, and degenerated into little more than an insult fest, it will be locked. While this will require a judgment call by the Administrators & Moderators. The members of this site can keep our moderating to a minimum by exercising a little discretion and self- control. Excessive profanity will lead to a 24 hour suspension at the Administrations discretion.
Quote:
IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal
enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:44 AM   #357
Slow Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19515windowsolow View Post
@Grizz1963

I really wish you would stop thread jacking with your pointless pictures and shyt. RE-DICK!
If you have a problem with somebody showing enthusiasm for our trucks and sharing their work (which is exactly what this thread is about) then maybe your in the wrong forum.
Past GM Trucks:
1959 GMC short stepside
1968 GMC short stepside-4x4
1973 Chevy short stepside
1989 Chevy short fleetside-reg cab
1993 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab
2002 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab

Save the dinosaurs, use synthetic oil.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:55 AM   #358
19515windowsolow
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Build View Post
If you have a problem with somebody showing enthusiasm for our trucks and sharing their work (which is exactly what this thread is about) then maybe your in the wrong forum.
maybe over posting should be limited to build threads.

Quote:
III. No pissing matches. Its fine to disagree, but once a thread has run its course, and degenerated into little more than an insult fest, it will be locked. While this will require a judgment call by the Administrators & Moderators. The members of this site can keep our moderating to a minimum by exercising a little discretion and self- control. Excessive profanity will lead to a 24 hour suspension at the Administrations discretion.
Quote:
IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal
enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:12 AM   #359
Micmac

Maybe you should use the ignore function if it bothers you. I would say the majority of us enjoy Grizz's posts. That way you will never see them.
1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster with Sidecar.
2012 Indian Chief Serial #002 of 110 built in '12
2016 Indian Chief Roadmaster
Old 01-08-2015, 06:24 AM   #360
WhippinSaw

X2 I enjoy your posts Griz
Keep up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
Maybe you should use the ignore function if it bothers you. I would say the majority of us enjoy Grizz's posts. That way you will never see them.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:19 AM   #361
Lugnutz65

Grizz,
Post whenever you want. Just ignore rude people and they usually go away. It's fun to see your progress and your motivation is contagious. We like Grizz!!!

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #362
bj383ss

Rian,

Your build thread and adventures are one of my favorite on this forum. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I have a set of those ratcheting spanners in Metric and American I love them.

Bret
Old 01-08-2015, 10:14 AM   #363
62 Barnfind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Rian,

Your build thread and adventures are one of my favorite on this forum. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I have a set of those ratcheting spanners in Metric and American I love them.

Bret
I agree!
My build tread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=507513
Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #364
Ta2Don

Quote:
@Grizz1963

Obviously your Momma never taught you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it…

And I agree with the others who have stepped up to defend Grizz…Grizz is a Stand up member who is generous beyond belief in today's society, so if you can't appreciate that, scroll past his posts and enjoy your day without letting one member's posting offend.

Plus, I second what Slow Build posted...
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD

Last edited by Ta2Don; 01-08-2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added comment...
Old 01-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #365
64shortbox

Grizz, I enjoy your posts -ALL of them. I like knowing what's happening on the other side of the pond. You post a lot of stuff we don't get to see here stateside and for me it's a treat when you post stuff I don't get to see here not to mention I like seeing all you're able to accomplish on your truck. You make me look LAZY by comparison. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #366
Jeff La

Quote:
@Grizz1963

Don't get your panties in a wad, this forum is all about our trucks. The more pics the better.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #367
blown240

Keep Posting Griz!

The more pics the better! Even of the strange little cars!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 PM   #368
61K10

only 14 post's and already *****en--keep them coming Grizz

my build is------------61K10 build
Old 01-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #369
65 C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61K10 View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Must have had a bad night, morning.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #370
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 C20 View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Must have had a bad night, morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61K10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blown240 View Post
Keep Posting Griz!

The more pics the better! Even of the strange little cars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
Don't get your panties in a wad, this forum is all about our trucks. The more pics the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64shortbox View Post
Grizz, I enjoy your posts -ALL of them. I like knowing what's happening on the other side of the pond. You post a lot of stuff we don't get to see here stateside and for me it's a treat when you post stuff I don't get to see here not to mention I like seeing all you're able to accomplish on your truck. You make me look LAZY by comparison. Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Obviously your Momma never taught you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it…

And I agree with the others who have stepped up to defend Grizz…Grizz is a Stand up member who is generous beyond belief in today's society, so if you can't appreciate that, scroll past his posts and enjoy your day without letting one member's posting offend.

Plus, I second what Slow Build posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 Barnfind View Post
I agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Rian,

Bret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnutz65 View Post
Grizz,
Post whenever you want. Just ignore rude people and they usually go away. It's fun to see your progress and your motivation is contagious. We like Grizz!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippinSaw View Post
X2 I enjoy your posts Griz
Keep up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Build View Post
Thank you all for your vote of confidence and the support, including the PM's and emails today.

I am happy to adjust my posting on here if you need me to. Just let me know.

I love to see what you guys get up to, that you have families, issues, other talents and that nobody on here is single faceted.
Which is why I love to share stuff that may be of interest, and also stuff we can all learn from.
Hence my overly detailed threads and descriptions.

I contribute to 10 different forums, from VW air cooled, to BMW motorcycle, Adventure riding to Teardrop caravan building sites and others, all who have either threads like I have on Garage Journal, or straight C10 build threads.

So normally I write one post and then copy and paste with slight adjustments to the various forums around the world.

This is an amazing community, and I am sure you guys all know that, hence your presence here.

Let's keep it that way.

I love being here. It's the first and last place I go every day.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #371
pimpston65

"Free Grizz". hey if you need a ash tray front shot me a PM and its yours. free of course and shippings on me!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #372
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpston65 View Post
"Free Grizz". hey if you need a ash tray front shot me a PM and its yours. free of course and shippings on me!!!
Thanks a lot buddy. Happy to pay my way though.

Always happy to pay the post via Paypal.

While we are back to our regular transmission........

As requested by Ta2Don.

I hope it is helpful to some who need a new glovebox.

I have drawn up the outline of a self build/fold glovebox (cubby hole) that can be folded from 0.8mm sheet metal or ally, then riveted or tack welded to keep together. I made one as a trade for some side view mirrors last year.

I trust you guys can understand the measurements and destructions.

If you have various types of air on, fresh air pipes behind the dash, you may need to edit or nip the rear corner to make everything fit.

Shout if you need more info.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:57 PM   #373
Micmac

Grizz you sir, are a genius. My mind has never quite worked that way. Anyone remember similar drawings on the Army MOS test! I had a hangover when I took the test and it didn't matter how well I folded the boxes, they still made me 11/BangBang.
1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster with Sidecar.
2012 Indian Chief Serial #002 of 110 built in '12
2016 Indian Chief Roadmaster
Old 01-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #374
mjh1965

I would like to add that Rian has always helped me . He has not only helped me on my truck but also helped build my carport so I have a place to do the truck in the first place. Yes I also help him but that's what friends are for
I only met him through having the same interest and truck . I have also made other friends through this forum you all know who you are,enough to make me won't to spend my 50th birthday with him and them in The USA At Clems in October as Don said I was always told if you haven't got anything nice to say DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL

MY BUILD THREAD:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=611614
Old 01-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #375
earl84

Quote:
@Grizz1963

I really wish you would just ease on past Grizz's posts instead being a jerk. Not once, but twice. Hope you have taken the not today subtle hints and don't post like that again. This is THE best, most civil forum on the Internet, and there's no room for stuff like that, period.
Closed Thread