The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
landarts
landarts

69 K10 From the Field

This 69 K10 will be the next build now that the "Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500" has been sold. This truck is in really good shape and no visible signs of rust. The truck currently has a 350 V8 motor, however the SPID says from factory it was a 292. So here is the story on the two truck deal that led me to this K10.

I was surfing Craigslist for potential 4x4 build projects and came across a 1972 K10 Cheyenne with 557 paint code, which is a Light Olive roof and Dark Olive body. Nice truck with all original metal and Rally rims. Called the owner and made the drive out which is about a 2.5 hour drive from my place. Once I got there I noticed the pictures that I saved from the ad must of been taken several years ago when the truck was in better shape. Talked with the owner and he said it was his in high school so I figured he must of had an emotional attachment for the price he was asking. I made an offer and he was not going to budge on the deal.

So I also noticed the Light Blue K10 on the property and asked what the deal was with it. He mentioned that it was dropped off there for paint and body work five years ago and the person never came back, he stated that he tried to reach him several times with no luck. He then said I will throw in the Blue truck if you give me full price for the 72 K10. We haggled back and forth a little and finally came to this deal. Then he said do you need a motor, I said what do you have, he said I have a completely rebuilt 292 motor in the other out building. Was recently rebuilt by his father that passed away, I checked it out and verified it was a fresh rebuild. So I said I will pay the the $3000 as long as you can get title for the blue truck.

The owner stated that he was the owner of the body shop and he would apply for mechanics lean and have a title in about 4 to 6 weeks. We kept in touch over that time period and finally all the paperwork arrived. I made two trips to haul back both trucks and the 292 motor. Both trucks have clean titles in my name.

I got lucky on this deal and most of all being patient and allowing the deal to develop. You never know whats out there until you really look. So now you know the history of the truck and the two truck deal. When I was pulling out on the second load the owner said hang on a minute I have a few parts that can go with the truck that I will not be needing. I said sure if you don't want or need them. He threw them in the back of the bed and a few in the cab of the truck. I really could not see what it was since I was still in the tow vehicle and enjoying the AC. Got home and found a complete stock AC system, extra grill, few light bezels and some other small items in the bed. When I looked in the cab after unloading there was two boxes of parts. Everything in the boxes were NOS items like tail light lens, radiator holding clamps, dome lens, turn signal setup and a few other small items all in the original GM boxes. I really feel like I hit the jackpot on this one.
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer

Last edited by landarts; 02-23-2019 at 04:58 PM.
landarts is online now   Reply With Quote