The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-18-2002, 12:07 PM   #1
quiller

Angry jammed regulator- help!

I having trouble removing a jammed regulator, it's basically locked almost all the way up (window is two inches from top).

any suggestions?

assuming I can get it out, how do you get the replacement back in with roller wheels in the channels, etc?

thanks in advance.

scott
'70 C10
stock, except for the motor (hee hee)
Old 06-18-2002, 12:53 PM   #2
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

personally i owuld either A: bust the glass and remove the entire regulator assembly with the track stil attached, or B torch the track arms to make itr all collapse in there so get the glass out.
door glass is free if you ask a board member, i trashed all mine or id givce you as many as you want, they are worth $0.

if i was there i would help ya out

good luck
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 01:17 PM   #3
quiller

thanks randy,

I was able to get it out without busting any glass, or torchin anything. I just used a flathead to break the plastic wheel closest to the opening off it's track, took the nuts off the ventilator channel to give some room, then forced the whole thing forward then back to get the top wheels off their track, .... and it's out.

now if I can reverse that for reinstallation..........

-scott
Old 06-18-2002, 01:48 PM   #4
barn9
Half a bubble off!

I'm gonna have to disagree on the door glass being worthless, I had a hell of time finding a replacement around here a couple of years ago. I sure wouldn't trash them, what a waste!
Old 06-19-2002, 01:42 AM   #5
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

theyre dime a dozen, they come for free with all the beater trash doors, all the time,. theres at least 5 pairs in just one of the yards in springfield, they never need replaced cept maybe once or twice in life, if that even, ask desert rt and others who do this, they are worthless to keep, back wall glasses also, they waste room, no point in keeping them. same with cab fuel tanks and lights instrument panels and 3 speed columns and pedL assemblies and ashtrays and glovebox doors and standard dashes, AM radios, 3 speed trannies and linkages and crossmembers, 64-70 rear axles, cowl panels, emergency brake assemblies, vent doors, standard interior heatr boxes, 67-72 rear leaf packs, two piece driveshafts, and so forth, all useless crap that never is wanted or is ever replaced in trucks, always removed,

others can add to the list of useless parts found in these trucks.,
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 07:52 AM   #6
chevyman 68 C/10

Here in Texas 1/2 or better of the doors are in great shape or need only a small patch panel.

Busting the glass even if they were a dime a dozen is not the way to do it. I have never had to bust or cut a reg. in my life. Simply unbolt it and use some patients to remove the glass. Even if it is jambed you can pull the glass out of the chanel it is pushed into. To reinstall replace the seal at the bottom of the glass from your auto glass repair shop. ( dirt cheap )

Chevyman 68 C/10

68 Chevy short fleet side 400 sb 5 inch chop top pb. ps. pw. 350 auto and shaved handles

68 anniversary no engine long wheel base 400 auto FOR SALE

68 Chevy fleet side long wheel base complete parts truck.
chevyman 68 C/10 is offline   Reply With Quote