The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2021, 11:18 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Kingsolver ... Two thumbs way up!

Got a cool package in the mail from Scott. I had a thread looking for an old members name that did the DVD's. When it was all sorted I got a PM from Scott saying he had the DVD's and would be happy to send them my way. He refused any sort of payment. Plus he sent a couple other goodies along with them.

He and I have sent each other stuff in the past for no other reason than that we knew the other would appreciate what they received.

I really love this about the board. It was a bit more hopping in the past, but its still a great place to talk trucks (and a million other things) with like and sometimes not like minded folks. I dont always agree with all of other folks views, but that never stopped me from being friends.

Thanks again Scott!!!
Old 05-19-2021, 12:24 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Kingsolver ... Two thumbs way up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Got a cool package in the mail from Scott. I had a thread looking for an old members name that did the DVD's. When it was all sorted I got a PM from Scott saying he had the DVD's and would be happy to send them my way. He refused any sort of payment. Plus he sent a couple other goodies along with them.

He and I have sent each other stuff in the past for no other reason than that we knew the other would appreciate what they received.

I really love this about the board. It was a bit more hopping in the past, but its still a great place to talk trucks (and a million other things) with like and sometimes not like minded folks. I dont always agree with all of other folks views, but that never stopped me from being friends.

Thanks again Scott!!!

I have met and talked to Scott multiple times. Even did a truck trade with him. He is a great, down to earth guy. Kudo's Scott, (but it doesn't really surprise me)..

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 05:34 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Good to give credit where credit is due. Scott is a solid good person. It shows through in his posts. I should have quoted you on your last sentence, but my comment on that is "I remember that world and I like it".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:46 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i have found that the people on this board are really great about furthering our hobbies.. most are real great people

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:18 PM   #5
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I give kingsolver a thumbs too.. he is good guy ..always cordial on here .
Old 05-19-2021, 08:22 PM   #6
Ironhorse

Echo all the kudos given here for Scott. Have met him several times at various swap meets, talked trucks and many other varied subjects, bought and sold parts and in general just shared a common love and interest in American Classic Iron.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:28 PM   #7
cornerstone

I've also been the recipient of unexpected goodies from Scott! Incredibly generous dude for sure. 2 more thumbs up in Texas!

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:02 PM   #8
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

Thanks again Scott!!!
Mark, you are welcome. I agree with what you have stated.
I’ve seen some telling things on this board over the years and one thing I picked up on is that your an honorable person.

In my estimation your the quintessential family man. I respect the way you speak of your “honey” wife.
If I remember correctly you had a project that you started with your son years ago.
Im pretty sure your proud of your granddaughter and reached out to your nephews by getting them involve with a project you had.
These are the stories that I gravitated towards.
Acts of kindness and giving of yourself is contagious.
So, thank you Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I have met and talked to Scott multiple times. Even did a truck trade with him. He is a great, down to earth guy. Kudo's Scott, (but it doesn't really surprise me)..

LockDoc
Leon, I remember the first time I met you and Pat. It was at Tee it Ups/ Randy’s place. A cool and talented guy named Eric, (I forget his board name, had something to do with Chevelle’s I think) gave a clinic on dent removal. That was a lot of fun that day.
I really admire the way you and Pat get alone. I very much enjoy being around you two.
I was asked if I miss that 1 ton truck of yours. My reply was the right guy owns that truck.

special-k once said that blue is a friendly color. I think that, that truck is you...hard workin’ nice guy.
I’m so glad that you have that truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Good to give credit where credit is due. Scott is a solid good person. It shows through in his posts. I should have quoted you on your last sentence, but my comment on that is "I remember that world and I like it".
Hey Tim, here is my take. You’re a no none sense,straight shootin’ fella. There’s seems to be no bs with you. I like that about you. But I get the sense that you’d give the shirt off your back to someone that needed it.

I’m still bummed that I didn’t get a chance to meet up with you last year when my wife and I were out your way on vacation. It would been a blast to have gotten a hike in with you brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
i have found that the people on this board are really great about furthering our hobbies.. most are real great people
Rusty, I don’t know you, but I think of you like a good referee in a boxing match.
You do your job but, stay out of the way and don’t block the view of the spectators.
I’ve always liked your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I give kingsolver a thumbs too.. he is good guy ..always cordial on here .
Larry, thank you for your comment.
You seem to be another one of those solid guys here on the forum that Ive never met, but would like to meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Echo all the kudos given here for Scott. Have met him several times at various swap meets, talked trucks and many other varied subjects, bought and sold parts and in general just shared a common love and interest in American Classic Iron.
Gary, I enjoyed meeting you and was it your bother in law?
I’d like to make it back to Wichita to another swap meet one of these days if for no other reason than to hang out and talk trucks.
I don’t know if they will ever have the Ol Maris River Run again in Ottawa but if they do you have an invitation from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
I've also been the recipient of unexpected goodies from Scott! Incredibly generous dude for sure. 2 more thumbs up in Texas!
Brian, thanks for the kind words.
I lost track on how “Uncle Loyd” is coming along.
I hope all is well. Perhaps I should check in on your build.

I don’t chime in as much as I use to but I’d like to thank
Josh and Liz for providing a super cool place to hang out with other truck guys.
This place still brings enjoyment to me.
Thanks again y’all!!!!
Old 05-20-2021, 08:55 PM   #9
davischevy

Kingsolver72, I agree with the guys about your integrity.

You are a fine example to your family and to us.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote