The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2022, 10:04 AM   #1
88Stanger

Holley Terminator Max

Background: I have an early 2000's 5.3 LS that i completely rebuilt, used WS6Store "Hot Cam" and internals & a rebuilt 4L60E. No special heads or power adders except for the Intake, 36lb Accel injectors and 92mm throttle body. I initially installed it with a PSI wiring harness and brain, had it dyno tuned and it ran good, dyno run at 352hp at he wheels, BUT it never really ran right, it would shift at different points and such. I hate the idea that I cannot see data on the engine, gauges and such like I want let alone change anything.
Then I read an article about the Holley Terminator Max kit. After alot of research I decided it was time to buy that kit and give it a shot. Got the kit in, took a weekend to install it (I took my time honestly) and after some stupid, not paying attention errors on wiring from yours truly, I hit it the first time and boom, it fired right up, idled and was ready for a test drive. Surprised the heck out of me, but DAMN what an improvement without a tune!!! Then I found about the gentleman in Missouri, Andrew. He is a noted tuner for the Terminator. So after a few chats with him, $500.00 later we had a tune date last weekend. Now mind you I thought the initial tune on the system was impressive... ya I had no idea. I had to load some software where it allows him access to see my laptop screen (while he is in Missouri) and we started the tune at 9am. After some starts, him doing a bunch of adjustments, and so on, by 10:30am I took it out for a run with his tune in it and DAMN what a change! That truck has never run that good!!No issues what so ever. Amazing is the best words I can say. Andrew did a last few adjustments and at 11am we are done, for now. In a few hundred miles we will do this again (alot less time) and he will check everything out, make afew adjustments as needed and at no extra cost! I am just blown away by how great it runs.
So, if you are in the market looking for a engine management, may i recommend the Holley Terminator and Terminator Max.
After that, get ahold of Andrew projectgattago@gmail.com and get a tune set up.
If you have any questions, I am more than willing to help out.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:53 AM   #2
MySons68C20

Re: Holley Terminator Max

Great post 88! Please keep us in the loop as things progress.

We are working on a 6.2L out of 2012 Camaro for my buds 1964 Impala and still figuring out what we will use for engine and trans control.
MySons68C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 02:38 PM   #3
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySons68C20 View Post
Great post 88! Please keep us in the loop as things progress.

We are working on a 6.2L out of 2012 Camaro for my buds 1964 Impala and still figuring out what we will use for engine and trans control.
awesome! I will do.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:28 PM   #4
amashal

X2 on getting a hold of Andrew. I set up the base tune on my terminator max and it just didn’t run right. Andrew got a hold of it and figured out pretty quick that I had some parameters input incorrectly. Within 15 minutes he had it running and sounding like it is supposed to. I had some fuel and trans issues that I’ve worked out and Andrew was helpful with that part of it too. I’m now driving it 200-300 miles then Andrew will take another look at it.

Make sure to pay attention to 12v switched vs constant power when connecting everything. I had 2 wires switched and got nothing when I first tried to start it. I called Holley and they knew exactly what was going on. They stayed on the phone with me while I switched a couple wires. Once those wires were corrected the motor fired up immediately.
amashal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:43 AM   #5
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by amashal View Post
X2 on getting a hold of Andrew. I set up the base tune on my terminator max and it just didn’t run right. Andrew got a hold of it and figured out pretty quick that I had some parameters input incorrectly. Within 15 minutes he had it running and sounding like it is supposed to. I had some fuel and trans issues that I’ve worked out and Andrew was helpful with that part of it too. I’m now driving it 200-300 miles then Andrew will take another look at it.

Make sure to pay attention to 12v switched vs constant power when connecting everything. I had 2 wires switched and got nothing when I first tried to start it. I called Holley and they knew exactly what was going on. They stayed on the phone with me while I switched a couple wires. Once those wires were corrected the motor fired up immediately.
Not to laugh, but I honestly did the same thing on the 12V Switched vs constant. That just ate at me for about an hour and then all of sudden it was like God said "Hey dummy, did you not read about the constant 12V source". Anyways, I too am on my 200 to 300 miles and re-tune with him. he does this at no extra costs, but I will send him a Tip for doing it. I am just amazed at how much better it was after he got ahold of it.
Old 09-10-2023, 10:59 PM   #6
derotoreut
Roto Reuter thats the name...

Subscribed. I'm using Terminator X Max and hopefully be there soon. I'll definitely keep this in mind. Hopefully Andrew is still doing this.

1970 SWB Fleet K10 4X4, 5.3L LM7, 4L60E, Dakota Digital RTX, Vintage Air, Ididit tilt
1971 SWB Fleet C10 - Original SWB Arizona truck, new custom restoration project

"Kick out your motor and drive while you're still alive - kick it out!" - Heart 1977
derotoreut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:00 PM   #7
LS short box

Just a note on the Holley ECM. I had my 80 Camaro LS3/4L60E tuned recently. He has tuned a few of my LS swaps and they have run great. I'm using GM ECM/TCM.
I asked him about the Holley stuff. He said he didn't tune the Holley stuff but other tuners that he knows said make sure you if you have to do some welding on the car/truck remove the ECM from the car. Not just unbolt the ground to the battery.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 11:56 PM   #8
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

so the first tuner (oem ecu and harness) failed and then you went a standalone ECU + harness + 500$ tune and now it runs 100%

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote