The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
Troy-Built

Not a truck buuuuut:

I horse traded for a 72 Vega about three years ago. After digging it out of the delapidated garage it had been in since 77 I decided it was in too rough of shape after further inspection. The original owner I got it from told me the motor was blown and I took his word for it. Thanks to e-bay I have a rust free one now and a tube chassis car for it. Well, I took a week of vacation to clean up around the shop and haul scrap in since it had went up so much. I just kept this car for the original title and a few parts and was going to cut it up. After a few hours of drinking I was coaxed into dragging it from my house and putting a battery in it. To my amazement everything still worked but the backup lights the horn and the motor didn't run. To shorten the story up a little I put a new timing belt and gas in it and filed the points and my daughter and I drove it around town today. It looks like crap but runs and drives pretty good and is actually pretty solid underneath and is now going to be my daily work car for now.
72 Blazer 4x4 400 4-speed (wifes project)
Numerous 67-72 parts trucks
Troy-Built is offline   Reply With Quote