The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2016, 11:46 AM   #1
inkfamous13

Will a 1966 c20 longbeb fleetside drop onto a 72 lond bed fleetside frame?

Not asking for the common answers of ( its easier to change crossmember nd rear ) or its to hard or its less work just rebuilding 66 suspension) lets say for the argument the 66 trucks frame was bent/cracked/ rusted out lol. And i have a 1972 c10 thats suspension and brakes were rebuilt not long ago and motor and trans are out.1972 has pwr steering the only option my 66 didnt get built with. Whats the dimension, size, mount differences between the two. Ive got a genetic disability that causes my joints to bleed internally, swell up,ect. So me having the room, a gantry crane, hoist & welder for mounts would just make it simpler to do for me.? Any and all info,answers,direction would be greatly appreciated. I think ive heard the back cab mounts are on the inside of frame instead of outside like 66 model. But other then that idk. Also bed floor isnt going to be factory. Ill bee raising it up and welding in a steel floor that lifts up like tonnue cover to expose air ride/ frame/ bags. Again thanks
inkfamous13 is offline   Reply With Quote