The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
wakeup

Hello from Kabul, Afghanistan

Hello everyone! (for the short version stop reading here)

I've seen this site around before but never looked to closely because I do not own (but do admire) a 67-72. I was searching for info about my current vehicles via google and a lot of the information I needed was on this forum. Actually found exactly what I was looking for! (lifting a 2wd 3/4 ton) I haven't seen anything as helpful on any other GM truck forums.

About me, I'm a Marine with about 11 years of service, currently in Afghanistan. I have a beautiful wife and a mess of kids that are in North Carolina near the base. The "mess of kids" is why I bought the burban just before this deployment. We are all from Northeast Florida, which when I get done serving is where we will return to. You may see me posting in the regional forums for either NC or Florida because we do travel to Florida a lot.

My most important project is making the Sub a little more fun. For me that's power, lift, and mpg's. No particular order, but I have some ideas (35's, turbo, selectable locker, SOUND DAMPING!) I'd love to put a 6bt or Duramax in it. I could probably do the cummins, but I don't have the time or money right now for something that complicated. Most likely I just put a turbo, or get a complete 6.5 with turbo from a newer truck.

My 84, which I've had since 16, is my classic love/hate money pit. I've taken it from bad, to good, back to bad in the years I've had it. Currently it's in "bad" shape. If I put a new tranny in it I could drive it to work everyday. However, I'll just say it needs a lot more than that to be presentable.

Thanks for all the members that post relevent, helpful, and entertaining info on this forum. I look forward to sharing and learning with all of you. If you have any suggestions or questions for my trucks PLEASE let me know, positive or negative.

-Wakeup-
wakeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
wakeup

Re: Hello from Kabul, Afghanistan

Here is my suburban and k10, it's the only pictures I have access to right now. The second pictures are kind of how I picture them the 10 with more lift, the burb with a little less. Not sure whose 10 that is, but the lifted burbans is member Davidmichael's, I believe.
Attached Images

wakeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Stickman

Thank for your service to our country and the money pit part never ends.I'm probably going to Good Guys tomorrow and I'll post up some pics for entertainment.Thanks again for your service and stay safe.
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
stef85

thanks for serving. cuase of you we get to enjoy our money pits.
stef85 is offline   Reply With Quote