The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
treveiger

Wood bed or steel bed?

I have a 69 c20 with a 8ft steel bed and i am looking at replacing it because its old and needs to be and i was thinking about swiching to a wood bed but had a few questions. How hard would it be to switch to a wood bed? what would be more exspensive switching to a wood bed or completely replacing my steel bed, i looked around and for the parts for a steel bed is around 1500 an thats just for parts, i will keep the box i just want to replace the floor other than the floor the rest is in great condition. Has anybody ever done this before.
Thanks.
treveiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:27 AM   #2
67chevy1series

Re: Wood bed or steel bed?

well all ya gotta do is get like 7 or 8 fleet wood cross sills and the strips and wood then bolt them to your bedsides then get a wood heade board bolt that then ur done so get the header board,sillsand woodstips and wood
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Wood bed or steel bed?

I'm not positive, but I think the only common parts between the two styles are the bed sides and wheel wells. Everything else needs to be replaced. Nice wood kits are not cheap. I would suggest finding another bed with a wood floor if thats what you want. The steel floor may be repairable, depends on whats wrong with it.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote