The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
cjohnson6772

Help newbie refresh his first set of buckets.....and console

I am in search of all information regarding the restoring of factory bucket seats and consoles. I am going tomorrow to get a set of buckets and a console out of a 1973 blazer! Here is what I think I know:

The seats are the same as 1972 pickup buckets and should accept repro '72 houndstooth covers. The seat frame is the same on the driver side and the passenger side is different from truck seats. Is this correct? Should this be a seatbelt or cupholder console? I think it should be seat belt?

If the foam is decent, I can just add generic bonding foam to it and shape myself right? Any links to threads on restoring buckets or especially consoles? Do I just clean the console and then vinyl dye it? Which dye to use?

I am totally lost here guys and I need advice. What I do know is the buckets are '73 or '74 buckets and the price is right and I want a set of blue houndstooth '72s. Help me transform them?
cjohnson6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
dan42

Re: Help newbie refresh his first set of buckets.....and console

Did you look in the FAQ's? If there's nothing there, do a search on bucket seats in this forum; then check the builds. I'm sure somebody's done it.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote