The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2021, 10:34 AM   #701
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic1968 View Post
Nice install !
Thank you! I appreciate it.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:35 AM   #702
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Neat & tidy.
Thank you Scoti!! Appreciate you and all the great help, ideas, suggestions and positive feedback!!
Old 09-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #703
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
That worked out well, looks good to me.
Thank you sir! It honestly was my 1st attempt with Por 15. I have 3 quarts still and damn that stuff covers alot. The "Top Coat" is some very impressive stuff.
I will say this, i learned a bit about the Por 15 line. So with the standard coating, i put a bit of acetone on a towel and wiped on the surface with the standard coating and it barely did anything, if anything, BUT the top coat, now that is another thing. It actually lost all the shine anywhere where that is wiped the towel with the Acetone. Now to be honest, the standard coating had several days cure and the Top Coat only had a few days, not sure that this matters but this week i will test again just to check, but from what i seen it will. Not that it matters to many, but just a note for some liquids that like to eat paint, Example some brake fluids, fuel ......
Old 09-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #704
Paul Y

Looks like I am going to have to up my game Sir!

Did I miss it earlier or have you decided on a paint colour/scheme for the truck?

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:18 AM   #705
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
Looks like I am going to have to up my game Sir!

Did I miss it earlier or have you decided on a paint colour/scheme for the truck?

P.
Yes the paint is bought and paid for already.
So my 1969 C10 shorty fleet i built with the LS is Matte Black with Red highlights, so this truck will be Matte Red with Black Highlights... Red is my color and i love the red and black combo... little to no chrome if i have my way. I plan to powder or Ceramic coat any and every "Chrome" part, Door handles, light bezels, yada yada....
This is my vision i have always wanted to build...
Also, the paint is single stage from Summit Racing...

Last edited by 88Stanger; 09-22-2021 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #706
88Stanger

Just a note, not that it matters to this build of mine, but to my 1969 C10, I just bought the Holley Terminator X Max for the LS in the "69. I have a good wiring system in it now from PSI but i want to be able to read info on the motor and i do not have the software to do this and this new system by Holley has it in the little on board screen AND in free downloadable software which i will for sure download to my laptop. I am posting this here for those whom are interested in that system on here. I will give some updates on it here as i get them.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:43 PM   #707
88Stanger

Update: Got the cab all taped off - Damn that took a few hours! then today i applied the brushable seam sealer on and then put in the 2k self leveling seam sealer. That stuff is really some great stuff, easy to apply but you must damn up the two ramps on the back of the cap drip rail. I used brushable stuff to that point. I did not go as far as i should have, so i will have some cleanup to do, but overall it is good.
That means tomorrow is cleanup drip rail, lighty sand and apply coat 1 of heavy primer.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:41 AM   #708
88Stanger

Oh damn, it has been a day or two since i was last on here!! Well Update time: so I am now at the point of applying Primer to the cab and final main bodywork filling and sanding. After that, it will be install onto frame and start the process of Brake lines, Wiring and then body panel fitment.
This past weekend I was able to got the Portland Oregon swap meet for the first time since 2019. Within the first 300 ft I got a almost perfect 1966 Hood and the two "Custom" rear cab moldings in perfect condition, all for 300.00. I thought that was an incredibly cheap price and no shipping. The plan for the hood is to the reverse dual hood scoops, heat vent or whatever you want to call them. There is an individual on here who did this and it looks just incredible and I have wanted to the same for some time. I did a similar thing on my 1969 C10 and I really like it, so now I have a backup if I screw up. LOL
The other thing I have been dealing with is a death in the family that took me away for a bit, but all is working out now. I did get my 1969 C10 with the LS Running after installing the new Holley Terminator Max system! So far, it is a great system! More to come on that as I finalize it, but getting ready to get back onto my 1966.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:59 PM   #709
pdxhall

I'm happy to hear you are finally able to continue with the 66. I'll definitely be following along.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 07:48 AM   #710
Paul Y

Good to see you back in the saddle - now we just need some pictures to augment the text!

Bereavement is never an easy thing to deal with - Keep smiling.

P.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:17 AM   #711
88Stanger

Quote:
Good to see you back in the saddle - now we just need some pictures to augment the text!

Bereavement is never an easy thing to deal with - Keep smiling.

P.
It is great to hear from you sir. Been keeping an eye on your progress and great work sir!!!
It feels so good to be getting back in the saddle.. never know how much you miss something until it is gone....
Old 04-05-2022, 10:18 AM   #712
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
I'm happy to hear you are finally able to continue with the 66. I'll definitely be following along.
Great to hear from you sir. It is nice to be back working on it. I still have my "69 to get completed and have a few minor things to work out with the family stuff, but my time is back!
Old 05-09-2022, 03:56 PM   #713
88Stanger

Update: So as I have mentioned previously, I have been working on my 1969 C10, trying to get it running and well this past weekend I was able to get it running!! It has an LS and I installed the new Holly Terminator X Max wiring kit and it works great. This needed to be done before I am able to get back onto the "66 and well now it is cleanup Shop time and then it is time to get back onto the "66! I am happy to finally have the "69 up and running and now I just have a "Tune" to do, otherwise all good there.

I left off on the Cab base bodywork. I have some body work to finish and then it is dry fitting onto the frame
Old 05-10-2022, 05:04 AM   #714
Paul Y

Good thinking on the dry run refit of the cab. I realised I had made a few mistakes in placement of components that would have been... disastrous... if I had bolted it all back together once paint etc had been done.

Look forward to the pictures.

P.

Old 05-10-2022, 10:55 AM   #715
88Stanger

Quote:
Good thinking on the dry run refit of the cab. I realised I had made a few mistakes in placement of components that would have been... disastrous... if I had bolted it all back together once paint etc had been done.

Look forward to the pictures.

P.
This is EXCACTLY why I will do this. I have read more and more examples of this and i decided that with that amount of time, money and effort we put into the builds, take your time!!! In the end it is so more worth it!!! I need to run all my brake lines, Fuel line, exhaust, and the craziest will be the electrical!! DAMN that will be alot work and possibilities for mistakes, misplacements and so on. Plus I will make sure all body panels fit well.
I also plan to modify the hood with reverse scoops (Hood/Heat Vents) and afterwards I want to make sure it fits. So lots of work, but I would have it no other way.
It is this perfectionist that makes me take so long on some things, but in the end I think it is worth it. The other thing I have/am learning, but quality, period. That does not mean most expensive always, just means by quality. In the end it will save so much....
Old 05-27-2022, 10:58 AM   #716
88Stanger

Ok, not an update per say on the "66, BUT the "69 LS is running fantastic now!! Damn what a difference with the Holley Terminator Max for LS kit is and then Andrew for the tune!!! I will not bore you with details here, there is a write I did in the LS conversion section on here. What getting the "69 done means is that I now can focus on the "66!! I am really excited. I was in the shop looking everything over, getting a plan together where to start. Exhaust is next actually. I just need to figure out mufflers.
Suggestions for mufflers? I love the sound of Flowies, but ..... All replies welcome.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:15 AM   #717
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Ok, not an update per say on the "66, BUT the "69 LS is running fantastic now!! Damn what a difference with the Holley Terminator Max for LS kit is and then Andrew for the tune!!! I will not bore you with details here, there is a write I did in the LS conversion section on here. What getting the "69 done means is that I now can focus on the "66!! I am really excited. I was in the shop looking everything over, getting a plan together where to start. Exhaust is next actually. I just need to figure out mufflers.
Suggestions for mufflers? I love the sound of Flowies, but ..... All replies welcome.
Andrew as in Dr. efi?

*EDIT*

Went over the the LS conversion forum for a look & answered my own question. You made a good choice.....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 05-27-2022 at 11:23 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #718
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Andrew as in Dr. efi?

*EDIT*

Went over the the LS conversion forum for a look & answered my own question. You made a good choice.....
I think that is him. He is in Kansas i believe.
Damn what a great guy.

LOL, just seen your update.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:38 PM   #719
88Stanger

Quick Update: So because it has been a day or two since I last worked on the truck, the shop became a complete mess, to the point where I have taken a few days to just clean and organize. Bought more damn organizing bins with lids... lol but it is really starting to look ok. I want to start with a good clean shop because this is going to take some time to finish it and I am not a fan of mess..... Sorry, I know these updates are boring and nothing really to do with the truck, but I promise there are some good updates coming.
Old 06-16-2022, 05:15 PM   #720
Paul Y

Hey, Progress is progress, good to hear the 69 is sorted now so that you have something to drive whilst you finish off the proper truck.....

Looking forward to seeing pictures as you start to shout our battle cry...ONWARDS!!!!!!

P.

Old 06-16-2022, 05:28 PM   #721
88Stanger

Quote:
Hey, Progress is progress, good to hear the 69 is sorted now so that you have something to drive whilst you finish off the proper truck.....

Looking forward to seeing pictures as you start to shout our battle cry...ONWARDS!!!!!!

P.
LOL no doubt!!
I am going to be starting the exhaust when I get the damn shop all cleaned up. Just not sure what brand of Muffler and then the placement of exit.... out the side before the rear wheel, rear dumps, out the back......
Old 07-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #722
88Stanger

Well Damn, cleaning and organizing it taking a bit longer than i thought. LOL I will say that i just about had the Shop done when i was taking items into the garage and noticed that i need to really do the garage also... so that is what i am doing now! LOL damnit ... oh well it is looking good and will be so nice to be organized.
Just as a note, my good friend called me and offered me a complete front to back running LS Motor with Brain and all wiring, just no tranny .... for 100.00 so, now i have another motor for a new project... what i am not sure, but ... a little bit later year truck...
Old 07-11-2022, 04:17 PM   #723
pdxhall

Hey man, I'm on my annual trip to the NW to visit family & friends but I have been checking in. NO MORE EXCUSES, get to work on that truck. It's too nice to be sitting. Hoping to see some updates soon. I'll be back home in August some time and working getting mine on the road.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 05:37 PM   #724
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
Hey man, I'm on my annual trip to the NW to visit family & friends but I have been checking in. NO MORE EXCUSES, get to work on that truck. It's too nice to be sitting. Hoping to see some updates soon. I'll be back home in August some time and working getting mine on the road.
LOL you are so correct! I got the "69 running great and was overly happy about that and planned on getting back into the "66 and thought I want to have a good clean base to restart from and so I thought ya good couple of cleaning and organizing of the shop is in order... LOL what a crazy idea that was!
Honestly though, all that I have done so far feels so good! I hate dirty working area and dirty parts! I have all clean or new parts to go on the frame but DAMN I have crap everywhere that needed cleanup, so here I am today. Been saying I need to clean the shop and garage and well I have been saying that since Covid.... so well now I am getting that done... lol along with doing life... BUT I promise I am almost done. By the way, damn, storage containers are not cheap! Especially when you buy 20 at a time.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:22 AM   #725
88Stanger

Ok so actually uncovered the beast last weekend. Finally starting to get back it. Found a big problem that I knew existed, I just did not want to spend time or $$ on it. Well that has come and I had to spend time and $$ on it to do the truck right. I am talking about the lighting in the shop. I have fluorescents in now and they really suck!!! Kind of a crappy color and light output. Trying to do paint prep sucks let alone paint, SO I got 40 (2 packs of 20) LED 4ft shop lights. They are 5000k and 2400L. Working for a local power company with a very close friend who runs the lighting dept. helps in picking color and power. They are what are called "A & B" Type, so they are direct drop in. Not cheap but will be alot better than what I currently have.
So that will help with paint and body work in the shop, let alone the cost for power.