The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2024, 01:19 PM   #1
elorenzof

Horn Cam for aftermarket steering wheel?

Im putting on an aftermarket steering wheel in my 1970 c10 w factory column. the new steering wheel has a different horn cam setup than factory. the metal prong that springs in and out / sticks out from the factory cam is built into the cam itself. the new one has a wire attached to the metal prong that springs in and out and i need a horn cam that i can put this new prong into, can anyone help with suggestions? Please see pic of factory horn cam and the aftermarket cam button / spring / prong thingy. I know that there has to be someone else that had this small issue to get his or her horn to work ~ Lorenzo
Attached Images

elorenzof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 01:39 PM   #2
Jason Banks

Re: Horn Cam for aftermarket steering wheel?

I know for the grant horn button kit, you have to pull out the factory plunger and spring and push in the piece they provide. What brand is the steering wheel?
Jason Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 01:43 PM   #3
RustyPile

Re: Horn Cam for aftermarket steering wheel?

Not sure what brand you're dealing with so what I have to offer may be incorrect.. Just looking at the wire, it appears you can use the original factory cancel cam. The plug on that wire just goes into the original cam and with a twist, locks into place. The other end attaches to the horn button assembly that came with the wheel.. I have a Lecarra wheel and that's how it works on my '71...

https://www.classicindustries.com/pr...ts/cx4876.html
RustyPile is online now   Reply With Quote