The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
jimcol

1949 resto mod new project

I haven't been active on here for quite some time because I haven't been building any pick ups. I just started a resto mod project on a 1949 3100.
Here is the plan. I am using a Mustang II front cross member with 2" drop spindles. On the rear I have a Lincoln Mark VIII IRS. I have a very low miles LS2 6.0L out of a 2004 Corvette.
I am currently researching if the GM 8 speed automatic will work with this engine.
I am putting this on an auto leveling air ride suspension.
The intentions with the air ride is for it to maintain a preset height and proved the smoothest ride possible.
I am also going to attempt to use the Lincoln Mark VIII anti-lock brake and traction control system.
Any input positive negative or indifferent will all be appreciated. If any of you have done any of the things I have listed please chime in. I will be posting photos shortly and intend to document this entire build. Thanks.
Attached Images

jimcol is offline   Reply With Quote