The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2016, 05:32 AM   #1
Jethrow6978

59 apache rear cab questions

hello all,

The inside cab mount bracket (the one spot welded to the floor and rear panel)and the outside(under) rear cab support bracket are rusted through on my 59 apache. This truck had most of its life up state. My question is are there any aftermarket companies that make these pieces yet? I can buy the sheet medal piece in between the two but these pieces aren't available just yet or I cannot find them. This is a pic of the bracket I need to replace. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Jethrow6978; 04-04-2016 at 05:37 AM.
Jethrow6978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
OrrieG

Re: 59 apache rear cab questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrow6978 View Post
hello all,

The inside cab mount bracket (the one spot welded to the floor and rear panel)and the outside(under) rear cab support bracket are rusted through on my 59 apache. This truck had most of its life up state. My question is are there any aftermarket companies that make these pieces yet? I can buy the sheet medal piece in between the two but these pieces aren't available just yet or I cannot find them. This is a pic of the bracket I need to replace. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Photo is not showing up on my computer... Is it the part labeled caged nut in this photo? Bottom "bracket" is part of the cross brace.
Attached Images

Last edited by OrrieG; 04-04-2016 at 12:40 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:12 AM   #3
Jethrow6978

Re: 59 apache rear cab questions

Thanks orrieG for the quick response. You are correct on the caged nut pic, this is the top bracket I need to repair or replace. From the second picture that you posted it looks like the part I need to replace in the floor panel rear reinforcement. My bottom brackets are completely rotten and would have to be replaced or fabricated from scratch.:banghead
Attached Images

Jethrow6978 is offline   Reply With Quote