The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2016, 03:38 AM   #1
96stroker

1969 gmc questions

Hello everyone i have acouple questions about my truck, first off to start the gmc was given to my dad acouple years ago after his best friend passed away so we didnt know to much about the truck aside from it having a 454 bbc with 550-600 ponies and full 1ton runninh gear, around a month ago my father passed away, so now i know nothing about the truck.
I would like to know if someone could tell me what model the truck is? I know its a fleetside but all the papers say just gmc pickup.
Will be doing full resto as a tribute to the ol man and his friend.
Also wondering if anyone on here has done seat swaps on them, was thinking of a king ranch seat or something along those lines, seats to tall to put in? I know i will have to make new brakets that is not a problem.
Thanks!
Ps. Been a ford guy since day one but always loved the ol chevs (dont hate) lol
Attached Images

96stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 03:49 AM   #2
96stroker

Re: 1969 gmc questions

Blue gmc is just a shell new cab and new box for her, noticed after i bought the blue truck that the box seems to be extended 6-8in in the front, could anyone tell me if thats factory? Just hoping when i shorten it that the lines still match up
96stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:13 AM   #3
hdff

Re: 1969 gmc questions

Hi, first I'll say welcome to the forum. Yes the extended bed was an option back then aimed at people that wanted to put the big slide in campers on them. The Chevy version was called a Longhorn, I think the GMC version was called a Sierra Grande but don't hold me to that. As far as seats, I've seen lots of styles hacked into them... there will be lots of opinions forthcoming but I prefer a truck as close to original as possible so if the seat in it stock just recover it, aftermarket has originals . there should be a sticker on the inner glove box door called a "SPID" with the options that it came with. That's just my opinion, it's your truck so I'm sure when you get done it will look great..... There is a lot of information and good knowledgeable people here and no question is a dumb one. There are also lots of pics for examples, take your time , research decide what you want and then start heading that way.
Oh yeah, by the way everyone likes LOTS of pics so keep us updated on your progress......
here is a pic of my close to stock '71

Again welcome from TEXAS!!!
Attached Images

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote