The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #1
Free Candy Inside

66 C50 aka Big Orange

So I had a 62 C50 2 years ago that I wanted to build to be a hauler/pulled but decided it needed way too much work so I decided to sell it. Within a year pics pop of of Dino's C50 which is basically what I was going to build. So it's been killing me. I live near Dayton Ohio and although there are a lot of farms around there aren't many of these trucks (I was only looking for a 60-66).

I ended up finding this 66 C50 locally. It has 30k original miles on a 292 with 4spd. It does not have the 2speed rear end. The previous owners paid $6,600 for it in 2003 and then recently put all new wheels (no more 2 piece) and tires, new brakes all the way around, a brake booster, new starter, and battery. The E-brake quit working so they decided to sell it. I snagged it for $1000 and drove it home. Worst part of the truck is the front cab mounts are shot so I'll be doing those and some floor work.

I'd like to lower the truck or possibly lay it on the ground. I have a 92 chevy short bus that I can use for a donor. I measured wheel width and they are pretty much identical. Doing a quick measurement it looks like the frame widths are basically the same also (I'll have to check more closely later). So now the debate is swap the cab onto the short bus frame or swap the front suspension over from the bus to the 66. Biggest issue for me currently is that the bus has 10 lug 16" wheels. I can't run that small of wheels on the 66 so I kind of want to figure that out first!
Attached Images

Instagram: jaked937
Free Candy Inside is offline   Reply With Quote