The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #101
Altec
Getcha Pull

Re: 1981/86 K10 Short-Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadzero View Post
This whole tread is thumb's up. I really enjoyed the wip and progress pics. Very impressed with the header rescue and the dash is looking great, exactly what I hope to do to mine. Keep up the good work.
Thanks. If you run into any trouble with the gauges, feel free to send me a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevymaniac View Post
What's your plans for the intake and turbo setup? Is it going on a small block or big block. I have access to one and was thinking of putting it on my big block. Have to do more research and see if it will work.
They are going on my 6.5L.

The only piece you could really use is the turbo itself. You'd have to buy/make headers, and figure out a fuel injection setup that supports forced induction, or come up with a blow-through setup. On top of that figure out if the turbos operating range goes with your engine flow, and desired boost pressure.
'96 Integra
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #102
Altec
Getcha Pull

Re: 1981/86 K10 Short-Bread

I helped a friend clear out his old head/intake stock and got to keep what I wanted. No good heads, but a few Holley's pulled through! One 9510, and a 3310. The 9510 is off a 351W. So I'm going to rebuild that for my truck. Today I went and got a kit, and some fuel line! The 3310 has a manual choke Ill be removing for the 9510.

-------------------------------------

Carburetor exploded... While it was in pieces I soaked all the parts and cleaned all the passages. Almost ready to go back together, but I'm pooped...

--------------------------------------

Got the truck in the shop today. Pulled the plugs to make sure everything was good. Ran battery leads, put the carb on and after setting the rough timing fired it up! th-smile

Going to get the clutch working properly, run the fuel line to the pump and hook a IV bottle up so I can pull the truck in and out.

---------------------------------------

The snazzy 5/16 line!

Third leg... Need to set the travel stop on the clutch is all...

Got the clutch spring on, and the clutch adjusted a little. Had some rust on the fly wheel that was keeping it from disengaging. Starting the truck in gear with the brake held solved that...

The brake deserves a explanation. I ran the rear of the MC right to the front DS caliper for a temp brake. Had to hook the booster up to get enough ass to hold it. lolx
'96 Integra
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote